Disk Drive size limitations

4tb.... and you will not come across a single file that big. TB =
terabytes. And it's not WindowsXP that has the file size limitation, it's
NTFS. Just as FAT32 as a 4gb file size limitation.
www.coribright.com

"Mark" <Mark@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I was told that Windows XP has a 2 TB size limitation is this true and is
> there any way to over come this

null

Mark wrote:
> I was told that Windows XP has a 2 TB size limitation is this true and is
> there any way to over come this

Not true. An NTFS volume can be up to 256 TB minus 64K. See:

http://www.microsoft.com/resources/documentation/Windows/XP/all/reskit/en-us/Default.asp?url=/resources/documentation/windows/xp/all/reskit/en-us/prkc_fil_tdrn.asp

However, to use volumes larger than 2 TB on MBR disks, you'd need to use
dynamic volumes. See the article referenced above.

posted here.

So which is it, 4tb as you say or 256tb as null says?

abcd wrote:
> So which is it, 4tb as you say or 256tb as null says?
>
> "Cari (MS-MVP)" <Newsgroups1@coribright.com> wrote in message
> 4tb.... and you will not come across a single file that big. TB =
> terabytes. And it's not WindowsXP that has the file size limitation, it's
> NTFS. Just as FAT32 as a 4gb file size limitation.

Well, who do you believe, Microsoft or Cari?

posted here.

Do you want drive size limitation or file size limitation?
www.coribright.com

"abcd" <spammer@spam.com> wrote in message
> So which is it, 4tb as you say or 256tb as null says?
>
> "Cari (MS-MVP)" <Newsgroups1@coribright.com> wrote in message
> 4tb.... and you will not come across a single file that big. TB =
> terabytes. And it's not WindowsXP that has the file size limitation, it's
> NTFS. Just as FAT32 as a 4gb file size limitation.
> --
> Cari (MS-MVP Printing, Imaging & Hardware)
> www.coribright.com
>
> "Mark" <Mark@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>>I was told that Windows XP has a 2 TB size limitation is this true and is
>> there any way to over come this

I would take Microsoft over Cari any day. The op asked about disk drive
size and Cari went on about file size limitations on disk.

"null" <null@planetzero.com> wrote in message
abcd wrote:
> So which is it, 4tb as you say or 256tb as null says?
>
> "Cari (MS-MVP)" <Newsgroups1@coribright.com> wrote in message
> 4tb.... and you will not come across a single file that big. TB =
> terabytes. And it's not WindowsXP that has the file size limitation, it's
> NTFS. Just as FAT32 as a 4gb file size limitation.

Well, who do you believe, Microsoft or Cari?

posted here.

Actually the original poster asked:

"I was told that Windows XP has a 2 TB size limitation is this true and is
there any way to over come this"

I gave them file size limitation. The other poster answered drive size
limitation. Two CORRECT answers, given the poster did not ask a specific
question.

Both of us are correct.