Woz Calls Apple "The Good Guy" Among Large Patent Owners

Status
Not open for further replies.

dcrussian

Distinguished
Apr 13, 2012
How can "entrepreneurs [...] be encouraged to innovate" when there's a constant sort of "fear" that you'll be breaking a patent when you make something. Seems like people have to reinvent the wheel just to avoid lawsuits these days; that or pay royalties on patents.

G

Is this the same Apple that sued HTC over hyperlinks in text messages?

webbwbb

Distinguished
Aug 18, 2009
[citation][nom]halcyon[/nom]I like Apple products but I'd not go so far as to call them the "good guys" with a straight face.[/citation]

Rephrased: I enjoy paying villians for thier evil deeds.

classzero

Distinguished
Aug 25, 2011
[citation][nom]halcyon[/nom]Did anyone expect "Woz" to have a different perspective? I like Apple products but I'd not go so far as to call them the "good guys" with a straight face.[/citation]

[citation][nom]ivan1984[/nom]what a fanboy.[/citation]

And the uneducated make remarks. Please read before open mouth.

http://news.cnet.com/8301-13579_3-57359883-37/woz-concedes-android-advantages-over-iphone/

Maxor127

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2007
[citation][nom]classzero[/nom]And the uneducated make remarks. Please read before open mouth.http://news.cnet.com/8301-13579_3- [...] er-iphone/[/citation]
Indeed... the ignorance and hypocrisy in the comments section is always fun and sad to read.

halcyon

Splendid
[citation][nom]classzero[/nom]And the uneducated make remarks. Please read before open mouth.http://news.cnet.com/8301-13579_3- [...] er-iphone/[/citation]
...and how is it, precisely, that my comment would suggest to you that I'm "uneducated". Please be specific. I don't have a Phd but I do have a Master's. ...I'm just not sure what bearing my comments have on the perception of this.

halcyon

Splendid
"iJail"? Please, its a choice. If you don't like the choices that Apple provides you are free to choose something that you prefer. Speaking to the term "iJail" and what I believe it insuates I haven't seemed to miss out on anything be using iOS devices. I know this because I've got a lot of experience with Android devices (Transformer Prime and Droid Razr/Razr Maxx). ...neither of those products offered me anything in freedom or functionality that was more important to me than the quality that I've had with Apple's products.

I realize that's an unpopular stance here in TH forums and getting off the topic of this article, but again, I speaking to what you wrote.

[citation][nom]halcyon[/nom]Did anyone expect "Woz" to have a different perspective? I like Apple products but I'd not go so far as to call them the "good guys" with a straight face.[/citation]
Actually I did, since Apple's co-founder screwed him out of the business.

halcyon

Splendid
[citation][nom]bystander[/nom]Actually I did, since Apple's co-founder screwed him out of the business.[/citation]
I'm not familiar enough with the history to know whether or not "Woz" would agree with your perspective. I simply enjoy Apple's products. I don't pay much attention to all these lawsuit shenanigans because I haven't seen it affect me in any important way. Apple sues Samsung...Samsung suess Apple. Apple sues Google...the US sues Apple. on and on...on an on.

I have a Mac Pro, a Macbook Pro, 3 iPads (in our home), 2 iPhones (in our home) and a couple iPods. ...I also have a reasonable Wintel gaming machine. Now if these lawsuits impact my ability to purchase the tech I like then I'll feel differently, but so far that's hasn't happened and I'm kinda hoping it doesn't.

...back to "Woz" and what's relevant to this article... My comment was made because in the few times I'd heard what he has to say about Apple and their products he's glowingly positive...based on that I'd expect him to say "Apple" is the good guy. I simply don't quite believe that.

You didn't ask but....

halcyon

Splendid
[citation][nom]tacobravo[/nom]Man Apple is just a hypocritical company known to man[/citation]
Why do you say that? I'm not saying they're not hypocritical, I'm just wondering why you say that here...now?

Status
Not open for further replies.