reading CPU temperature

hello,
i'm writing writing my own simple OS in assembler and i would like to
monitor CPU temperature.
I'm looking for some info/docs about the chips used for that in asus p4p800
or a7v880.
If any of you had any successes in this matter please let me know. Any help
appreciated.

--
Tomek
Poland

Tomek Gruca wrote:

> hello,
> i'm writing writing my own simple OS in assembler and i would like to
> monitor CPU temperature.
> I'm looking for some info/docs about the chips used for that in asus p4p800
> or a7v880.
> If any of you had any successes in this matter please let me know. Any help
> appreciated.

Tomek,

You might take a look at the Speedfan website:

http://www.almico.com/speedfan.php

He has both mobos listed. I don't know how much info you'll get from
the website directly... probably you'll need datasheets for the
chipsets, but the Speedfan author seems to know a lot about this stuff,
and he might be able to point you to where to get the info that you're
looking for...

Jim

Paul

Splendid

In article <d6tlfo$t6r$1@nemesis.news.tpi.pl>, "Tomek Gruca"
<tomek@logika.pl> wrote:

> hello,
> i'm writing writing my own simple OS in assembler and i would like to
> monitor CPU temperature.
> I'm looking for some info/docs about the chips used for that in asus p4p800
> or a7v880.
> If any of you had any successes in this matter please let me know. Any help
> appreciated.
>
> --
> Tomek
> Poland

Other places you might look for info, are "lm_sensors"
or "xmbmon". The Linux world has much to offer...

http://www.nt.phys.kyushu-u.ac.jp/shimizu/download/xmbmon/xmbmon205.tar.gz

Paul

I do know if the operating system you are writing will accept this, but take
a look at www.sisoftware.net. Download the free version. it will tell you
the temp on cpu and board, also about all the hardware on your system, and
much more.
Boris