p5nd2-sli - what power connector should i use...

Hi all-

I've purchased a p5nd2-sli board. As you know i has a 24 pin connector
as well as an atx 12v 4pin connector.

My psu is a tagan 420w i-eye. It has many connectors on it, too many in
fact. It has one 20 pin with a detachable 4 pin add on, plus 2
attachable p4 connectors.

So now I'm really confused. Should I plug the full, combined 24 pin
connector in the mb, or should I only connect the 20 pin part, plus on
of the p4 connectors to the 12v slot.

I'm really confused... any help or pointer would be greatly
appreciated.

TIA,

Steve.

Paul

Splendid

In article <1116887725.359050.186190@g49g2000cwa.googlegroups.com>,
steve.anon@gmail.com wrote:

> Hi all-
>
> I've purchased a p5nd2-sli board. As you know i has a 24 pin connector
> as well as an atx 12v 4pin connector.
>
> My psu is a tagan 420w i-eye. It has many connectors on it, too many in
> fact. It has one 20 pin with a detachable 4 pin add on, plus 2
> attachable p4 connectors.
>
> So now I'm really confused. Should I plug the full, combined 24 pin
> connector in the mb, or should I only connect the 20 pin part, plus on
> of the p4 connectors to the 12v slot.
>
> I'm really confused... any help or pointer would be greatly
> appreciated.
>
> TIA,
>
> Steve.

I trust you have read the page in the manual with
"Power Supply Requirements" listed on it. (Page 2-34 of
the downloadable version of the manual.)

http://www.tagan.com/pages/products/iXeyeS/e_tg420_u22.html
http://www.tagan.com/pages/products/2forceS/tg430u22_german_v002_web.pdf

On the 20+4P connector, join the two sections together and
plug them in. That is the center picture of the seven pictures.

Of the two 2x2 halves (third picture from left), you only need
one of those, to plug into the 2x2 connector.

I would also plug one disk drive connector into the EZPlug input,
which is near the Northbridge fan header. Doing so will give
steady power to the video cards, assuming the video cards don't
have their own power input connectors.

You haven't mentioned how many video cards you are using, but
you should heed the recommendations in the "Power Supply
Requirements" section.

The list at the bottom of this page, contains recommendations
for running two high powered cards in SLI. While gaming, an
SLI system can consume 300W of power, and an SLI system may not
be stable with run-of-the-mill power supplies. Running one card
should not be a problem.

http://www.slizone.com/content/slizone/build.html

HTH,
Paul

Thank you very much Paul. Works fine.
I had read the manual given with the psu, what confused me were the
labels attached to cables mentionning in big, bold letters "do not mix
with..." I guess they meant 'do not mix the 12v with 24 pin *connector*
(on the mobo)'

Thanks again,

Steve.