Remap tilt wheel functionality?

I enjoy the possibilities of the horizontal tilt wheel on the new Microsoft
mice, but I have a hard time using it to actually scroll horizontally in any
program. Can the functionality be reprogrammed? For instance, I would like
to tilt the wheel left to go Back in IE, and right to go Forward. For sake
of completeness, I have the Optical Desktop 2.0 Comfort Edition, with the
Wireless Optical Mouse 2.0.

Thanks in advance,
Brian Abram
bjabram@hotmail.com

Go to Start > Run and type:

"C:\Program Files\Microsoft IntelliPoint\dplaunch.exe" mouse help

When Microsoft Mouse Help opens, type: TILT , in the Search box
and hit enter to see several help topics about programming.

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP

Be Smart! Protect Your PC!

"Brian Abram" wrote:

|I enjoy the possibilities of the horizontal tilt wheel on the new Microsoft
| mice, but I have a hard time using it to actually scroll horizontally in any
| program. Can the functionality be reprogrammed? For instance, I would like
| to tilt the wheel left to go Back in IE, and right to go Forward. For sake
| of completeness, I have the Optical Desktop 2.0 Comfort Edition, with the
| Wireless Optical Mouse 2.0.
|
| Thanks in advance,
| Brian Abram

yohan

Distinguished
Sep 29, 2002

for som reason, when i type that whole thing from the quotation mark to
"help", it doesn't do anything on my computer...
am i doing something wrong???
could you explain how to remap the tilt manually on this forum?
thank you

"Carey Frisch [MVP]" wrote:

> Go to Start > Run and type:
>
> "C:\Program Files\Microsoft IntelliPoint\dplaunch.exe" mouse help
>
> When Microsoft Mouse Help opens, type: TILT , in the Search box
> and hit enter to see several help topics about programming.
>
> --
> Carey Frisch
> Microsoft MVP
> Windows XP - Shell/User
>
> Be Smart! Protect Your PC!

> "Brian Abram" wrote:
>
> |I enjoy the possibilities of the horizontal tilt wheel on the new Microsoft
> | mice, but I have a hard time using it to actually scroll horizontally in any
> | program. Can the functionality be reprogrammed? For instance, I would like
> | to tilt the wheel left to go Back in IE, and right to go Forward. For sake
> | of completeness, I have the Optical Desktop 2.0 Comfort Edition, with the
> | Wireless Optical Mouse 2.0.
> |
> | Thanks in advance,
> | Brian Abram

The way to write it is explicit, INCLUDING the quotation marks.....

--
Tumppi
Reply to group

"Yohan" <Yohan@discussions.microsoft.com> kirjoitti viestissä
> for som reason, when i type that whole thing from the quotation mark to
> "help", it doesn't do anything on my computer...
> am i doing something wrong???
> could you explain how to remap the tilt manually on this forum?
> thank you
>

> "Carey Frisch [MVP]" wrote:
>
> > Go to Start > Run and type:
> >
> > "C:\Program Files\Microsoft IntelliPoint\dplaunch.exe" mouse help
> >
> > When Microsoft Mouse Help opens, type: TILT , in the Search box
> > and hit enter to see several help topics about programming.
> >
> > --
> > Carey Frisch
> > Microsoft MVP
> > Windows XP - Shell/User
> >
> > Be Smart! Protect Your PC!
> > http://www.microsoft.com/athome/security/protect/default.aspx

---

> > "Brian Abram" wrote:
> >
> > |I enjoy the possibilities of the horizontal tilt wheel on the new
Microsoft
> > | mice, but I have a hard time using it to actually scroll horizontally
in any
> > | program. Can the functionality be reprogrammed? For instance, I
would like
> > | to tilt the wheel left to go Back in IE, and right to go Forward. For
sake
> > | of completeness, I have the Optical Desktop 2.0 Comfort Edition, with
the
> > | Wireless Optical Mouse 2.0.
> > |
> > | Thanks in advance,
> > | Brian Abram

yohan

Distinguished
Sep 29, 2002

i did it... but nothing pops up or anything...
i have installed intellimouse 5.0
does it not work under SP2?

"Thomas Wendell" wrote:

> The way to write it is explicit, INCLUDING the quotation marks.....
>

> --
> Tumppi
> Reply to group
> Most learned on nntp://news.mircosoft.com
> Helsinki, Finland (remove _NOSPAM)
> (translations from FI/SE not always accurate)
>
> "Yohan" <Yohan@discussions.microsoft.com> kirjoitti viestissä
> > for som reason, when i type that whole thing from the quotation mark to
> > "help", it doesn't do anything on my computer...
> > am i doing something wrong???
> > could you explain how to remap the tilt manually on this forum?
> > thank you
> >

> > "Carey Frisch [MVP]" wrote:
> >
> > > Go to Start > Run and type:
> > >
> > > "C:\Program Files\Microsoft IntelliPoint\dplaunch.exe" mouse help
> > >
> > > When Microsoft Mouse Help opens, type: TILT , in the Search box
> > > and hit enter to see several help topics about programming.
> > >
> > > --
> > > Carey Frisch
> > > Microsoft MVP
> > > Windows XP - Shell/User
> > >
> > > Be Smart! Protect Your PC!
> > > http://www.microsoft.com/athome/security/protect/default.aspx

> ---

> Microsoft
> in any
> would like
> sake
> the

Visit http://www.microsoft.com/hardware/mouseandkeyboard/download.mspx
and download the latest drivers and software.

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP

Be Smart! Protect Your PC!

"yohan" wrote:

|i did it... but nothing pops up or anything...
| i have installed intellimouse 5.0
| does it not work under SP2?

I ran this program, searched for TILT, and received four help topics:
· Adjusting the horizontal scrolling movement
· Horizontal scrolling settings
· IntelliPoint default button and wheel assignments
· Turning off horizontal scrolling

None of these give information on how to reprogram the horizontal tilt wheel
functionality. I can reprogram the three buttons (left, right, and wheel)
with no problem. I can also turn off the vertical or horizontal scrolling
or adjust its speed. But there does not seem to be anything to reprogram
the side-to-side action within IntelliPoint 5.2, to the best of my knowledge
(which is limited, granted).

Brian Abram

> Go to Start > Run and type:
>
> "C:\Program Files\Microsoft IntelliPoint\dplaunch.exe" mouse help
>
> When Microsoft Mouse Help opens, type: TILT , in the Search box
> and hit enter to see several help topics about programming.
>
> --
> Carey Frisch
> Microsoft MVP
> Windows XP - Shell/User
>
> Be Smart! Protect Your PC!

> "Brian Abram" wrote:
>
> |I enjoy the possibilities of the horizontal tilt wheel on the new
> Microsoft
> | mice, but I have a hard time using it to actually scroll horizontally in
> any
> | program. Can the functionality be reprogrammed? For instance, I would
> like
> | to tilt the wheel left to go Back in IE, and right to go Forward. For
> sake
> | of completeness, I have the Optical Desktop 2.0 Comfort Edition, with
> the
> | Wireless Optical Mouse 2.0.
> |
> | Thanks in advance,
> | Brian Abram

That is a correct assessment.

You can't reassign
scrollwheelup/scrollwheeldown/scrollwheelleft/scrollwheelright events to
anything else other than the defaults with Intellipoint.

The application in question would have to provide an interface to change
these defaults.

--
Jason Tsang - Microsoft MVP

Find out about the MS MVP Program -