DVD Software Decoder

Sony computer (DCV RX 450) was upgraded from Windows ME
to Windows XP home addition. Since the upgrade the DVD
drive will not play movies. Error message saying "DVD
Software Decoder not Installed" appears. The DVD drive is
a "Pioneer DVD+ROM DVD - 116R". I have tried to get the
decoder software from Sony. Sony does not support the
upgrade from ME to Windows XP.

Tried Pioneer, still could not find what is needed on the
web site.

Any help would be appreciated.
6 answers Last reply
More about software decoder

    A couple options...Third party dvd decoder software and
    make sure you have updated win media player about 20- 30
    $,Or I have once gone to Intel.com and downloaded
    frequency analizers that will detect exactly what chipsets
    you are running and found dvd chipset software easily. I
    belive they directed me to the location. Or email sony for
    the original system configuration package they should give
    it to you free if the serrial# of you system had an os pre-
    installed, then there is also websites like drivers.com
    that should be able to help.... maybe free

    "Roy" <Roy1242@msn.com> wrote in message
    > Sony computer (DCV RX 450) was upgraded from Windows ME
    > to Windows XP home addition. Since the upgrade the DVD
    > drive will not play movies. Error message saying "DVD
    > Software Decoder not Installed" appears. The DVD drive is
    > a "Pioneer DVD+ROM DVD - 116R". I have tried to get the
    > decoder software from Sony. Sony does not support the
    > upgrade from ME to Windows XP.
    >
    > Tried Pioneer, still could not find what is needed on the
    > web site.
    >
    > Any help would be appreciated.

    You need to buy one.

    Lots of them out there.

    PowerDVD, etc.

    Roy wrote:

    > Sony computer (DCV RX 450) was upgraded from Windows ME
    > to Windows XP home addition. Since the upgrade the DVD
    > drive will not play movies. Error message saying "DVD
    > Software Decoder not Installed" appears. The DVD drive is
    > a "Pioneer DVD+ROM DVD - 116R". I have tried to get the
    > decoder software from Sony. Sony does not support the
    > upgrade from ME to Windows XP.
    >
    > Tried Pioneer, still could not find what is needed on the
    > web site.
    >
    > Any help would be appreciated.
    Google, man, Google.

    Reinstall your DVD decoding software.... PowerDVD or WinDVD probably came
    with the PC. If you have lost the CD, you will need to purchase DVD
    software.... www.gocyberlink.com and/or www.intervideo.com.
    www.coribright.com

    "Roy" <Roy1242@msn.com> wrote in message
    > Sony computer (DCV RX 450) was upgraded from Windows ME
    > to Windows XP home addition. Since the upgrade the DVD
    > drive will not play movies. Error message saying "DVD
    > Software Decoder not Installed" appears. The DVD drive is
    > a "Pioneer DVD+ROM DVD - 116R". I have tried to get the
    > decoder software from Sony. Sony does not support the
    > upgrade from ME to Windows XP.
    >
    > Tried Pioneer, still could not find what is needed on the
    > web site.
    >
    > Any help would be appreciated.

    my knowledge is not the greatest on this subject, but you might
    download free software called DVD Shrink, which will download the
    movie from your dvd drive and then play the movie. It's worth a try
    and the cost is only your time. please post if you do try & how well
    if at all, it works. best, Aaron

    "Roy" <Roy1242@msn.com> wrote in message news:<052601c48f00$9eb6f960$a401280a@phx.gbl>...
    > Sony computer (DCV RX 450) was upgraded from Windows ME
    > to Windows XP home addition. Since the upgrade the DVD
    > drive will not play movies. Error message saying "DVD
    > Software Decoder not Installed" appears. The DVD drive is
    > a "Pioneer DVD+ROM DVD - 116R". I have tried to get the
    > decoder software from Sony. Sony does not support the
    > upgrade from ME to Windows XP.
    >
    > Tried Pioneer, still could not find what is needed on the
    > web site.
    >
    > Any help would be appreciated.

    DVD Shrink does not contain any decoding software for playing the movie.
    www.coribright.com

    "Aaron Epstein" <aaronep@pacbell.net> wrote in message
    > my knowledge is not the greatest on this subject, but you might
    > download free software called DVD Shrink, which will download the
    > movie from your dvd drive and then play the movie. It's worth a try
    > and the cost is only your time. please post if you do try & how well
    > if at all, it works. best, Aaron
    >

    > "Roy" <Roy1242@msn.com> wrote in message
    >> Sony computer (DCV RX 450) was upgraded from Windows ME
    >> to Windows XP home addition. Since the upgrade the DVD
    >> drive will not play movies. Error message saying "DVD
    >> Software Decoder not Installed" appears. The DVD drive is
    >> a "Pioneer DVD+ROM DVD - 116R". I have tried to get the
    >> decoder software from Sony. Sony does not support the
    >> upgrade from ME to Windows XP.
    >>
    >> Tried Pioneer, still could not find what is needed on the
    >> web site.
    >>
    >> Any help would be appreciated.

Sony Software Decoder DVD Windows XP