Router problems of a different kind

Hi. I am having a problem connecting to games. I have T3 wireless
connection but I live on a campus college. My problem is that I can't
connect to most servers but I can connect to only a certain few. And when I
can connect to them I have a good ping but every soo often I hit a lag spike
and causes me to lose connection. I do not think this is a firewall problem
because I have all my firewalls down except my Norton Antivirus Firewall and
I do not think that is the problem either. So this leads me to believe it is
a router problem of some sort. I am not asking to help fix it because I
don't think I have the power to. I am asking for conformation that this
could be the problem to my lag or connection problem. Thanks!

Malke

shado282 wrote:

> Hi. I am having a problem connecting to games. I have T3 wireless
> connection but I live on a campus college. My problem is that I can't
> connect to most servers but I can connect to only a certain few. And
> when I can connect to them I have a good ping but every soo often I
> hit a lag spike
> and causes me to lose connection. I do not think this is a firewall
> problem because I have all my firewalls down except my Norton
> Antivirus Firewall and
> I do not think that is the problem either. So this leads me to
> believe it is
> a router problem of some sort. I am not asking to help fix it because
> don't think I have the power to. I am asking for conformation that
> this
> could be the problem to my lag or connection problem. Thanks!

The best thing to do would be to check with your college's IT Dept. They
may have set their network up to prevent connections to gaming servers.

Malke
--
MS MVP - Windows Shell/User
Elephant Boy Computers