Apple Releases Update to Take Care of Flashback Malware

Status
Not open for further replies.

generalclean

Honorable
Mar 21, 2012
You are naive to think there are only 600,000 macs in the world. I know you are joking but come on, get a life. So what if you don't like Macs. Have you ever even used one?

I've used Windows, Macs and Linux. They all have there place in this world. Grow up and get used to change. I'm just sick and tired of all these Mac bashing going on. I like Windows better then Macs as Windows is the main stream and is a cheaper OS, but Macs are good to.

generalclean

Honorable
Mar 21, 2012
[citation][nom]tempelife[/nom]I thought Macs didn't get viruses. ***cough/sarcasm***[/citation]

You thought wrong. And you need to keep in the know. They always could. Just Windows is an easier target as it's the mainstream.

freggo

Distinguished
Nov 22, 2008
I'm surprised nobody has come up with an iPhone trojan that calls a $1.99/minute number in Siberia.
With millions of those bricks out there one should be able to clean up nicely :)

DroKing

Distinguished
Feb 14, 2010
@gene

We would'nt be bashing Macs as much if They stopped acting like their products are the BEST and are A MUST HAVE when they arent. along with users denying that MACs can get infested. The day those cease is the day I just might show Crapple products an oz of respect meanwhile I'm gonna poke funnies at them on daily basis.

[citation][nom]generalclean[/nom]You are naive to think there are only 600,000 macs in the world. I know you are joking but come on, get a life. So what if you don't like Macs...[/citation]

Somebody can't take a joke...

[citation][nom]generalclean[/nom]They all have there place in this world.[/citation]

Apply grammar hammer here.

generalclean

Honorable
Mar 21, 2012
[citation][nom]DroKing[/nom]@geneWe would'nt be bashing Macs as much if They stopped acting like their products are the BEST and are A MUST HAVE when they arent. along with users denying that MACs can get infested. The day those cease is the day I just might show Crapple products an oz of respect meanwhile I'm gonna poke funnies at them on daily basis.[/citation]

But doesn't Microsoft do this too? Microsoft is doing this to Google right now. Microsoft has always been up against Mac.

Any user that says that Macs can't get infected are naive and deserve to get infected.

Both systems have there good points and bad points. Lets just all get along.

generalclean

Honorable
Mar 21, 2012
[citation][nom]Murissokah[/nom]Somebody can't take a joke...Apply grammar hammer here.[/citation]

Sorry for my misspelling. It should of been their, as it's showing ownership. Now how many times have you misspelled something on the net? A lot like everyone else. Excuse me for making a human error.

xenol

Distinguished
Jun 18, 2008
Claiming your system is immune to the security problems that "PCs" have was just an invitation to hackers everywhere.

memadmax

Distinguished
Mar 25, 2011
[citation][nom]generalclean[/nom]You are naive to think there are only 600,000 macs in the world. I know you are joking but come on, get a life. So what if you don't like Macs. Have you ever even used one? I've used Windows, Macs and Linux. They all have there place in this world. Grow up and get used to change. I'm just sick and tired of all these Mac bashing going on. I like Windows better then Macs as Windows is the main stream and is a cheaper OS, but Macs are good to.[/citation]

Dude, I've used macs since before you were wearing diapers....
I was even playing Carmen Sandiago and Oregon Trail on the Apple IIe when you were swimming around in your daddies sack....
Then I played with the Mac Classic, LCIII's, etc etc etc.....

hwangchan

Distinguished
Feb 14, 2012
So theres a lot of talk about flashback.. but what threat is it actually? is it a self replicating back door, as garnered from the file name?

Has anyone seen a report on what it does outside of it being a trojan?

molo9000

Distinguished
Aug 14, 2010
At least every single security threat for Mac OS X is big news on all tech sites.

Right now I'm having to reinstall Windows 7 on my rootkitted gaming machine. Fully patched 64bit Win 7 with Microsoft Security Essentials and only software from legitimate sources installed.

molo9000

Distinguished
Aug 14, 2010
[citation][nom]hwangchan[/nom]So theres a lot of talk about flashback.. but what threat is it actually? is it a self replicating back door, as garnered from the file name?Has anyone seen a report on what it does outside of it being a trojan?[/citation]

I think one variant of it was a mere Trojan but a later variant used a Java exploit. Opening a website with a java applet could infect a machine. Apple patched the Java vulnerabilities one ore two weeks ago.

Camikazi

Distinguished
Jul 20, 2008
[citation][nom]molo9000[/nom]At least every single security threat for Mac OS X is big news on all tech sites.Right now I'm having to reinstall Windows 7 on my rootkitted gaming machine. Fully patched 64bit Win 7 with Microsoft Security Essentials and only software from legitimate sources installed.[/citation]
Rootkits and viruses do not install by themselves, you must do something to allow them to be installed. Just admit it that you missed something and installed a rootkit, do not blame the software that only does what you allow it too (specially if it's fully patched).

aidynphoenix

Distinguished
Apr 26, 2009
apple doesn't have to try hard to say that their operating system is foolproof.
there are less mac users than windows users so if somebody was to benefit from infecting computers, they would gain more from attacking windows computers.

the antivirus company's are the ones making the virus's, because without a constant threat their software looses value, and nobody would need it or buy it, so they would loose money. people already believe that mac computers are impervious to virus's so there is no market for selling antivirus software to mac users, this is why it is rare to hear about a mac infection. nobody is going to take the time to make a virus and try to infect computers if there is no money to be made by it.

Status
Not open for further replies.