Asus K8N-E deluxe problems with SATA Maxtor

leonardo

Hi, I've a big problem with this motherboard. It killed me just now 3
hard disk in sequential way in 2 months and half! It always killed
SATA MAXTOR Diamond plus 9 160 Gb. I've tested with utility Powermax
from Maxtor, and they always give me bad code after some days they
work in the pc :( I've tried flashing bios, in the last months I kept
always up to date the bios when new beta was released, I've tried
changing SATA address, SATA cables, but the result is always the
same.. After some weeks, the hard disk dies.. The big problem is that
I've 2 ATA HD (120Gb and 80Gb) and another HD SATA 120Gb installed in
this system and they never gave me problems. When I install another
drive, it dies. This on the internal SATA nforce controller, I've even
tried to invert the SATA channel but the result is always the same:
160 Gb dies, sometimes in total way, sometimes only few clusters
become unredeable and loss. This is a big problem, because I can't
change hard disks one time a month..

What do Maxtor tech say?
are the disks from same batch?

Il Tue, 24 May 2005 12:39:29 GMT, "MrGrumpy" <dl@spoofmail.notme> ha
scritto:

>What do Maxtor tech say?
>are the disks from same batch?

I saw that the strange thing is that all these Maxtor were
manufactured on 22 Oct 2004. Same batch..

same batch, same fault, contact maxtor