Dev Mgr Advanced settings tab AWOL

I'm trying to check dma setting for my IDE controller cd-
rw to enable DMA mode using the Device Manager. I know the
supposed procedure is as follows

1.
Open Device Manager.

2.
Double-click IDE ATA/ATAPI Controllers to display the
list of controllers and channels.

3.
Right-click the icon for the channel to which the device
is connected, select Properties, and then click the
Advanced Settings tab.

But I don't have an advanced settings tab --how do I get
it? Any one know?

Found out the info on my own:

Advanced tab shows by default with xp IDE/ATAPI driver.
But if you have a chipset driver like VIA, or INTEL, you
need to get their tool for adjusting DMA setting.

"kendal" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I'm trying to check dma setting for my IDE controller cd-
> rw to enable DMA mode using the Device Manager. I know the
> supposed procedure is as follows
>
> 1.
> Open Device Manager.
>
> 2.
> Double-click IDE ATA/ATAPI Controllers to display the
> list of controllers and channels.
>
> 3.
> Right-click the icon for the channel to which the device
> is connected, select Properties, and then click the
> Advanced Settings tab.
>
> But I don't have an advanced settings tab --how do I get
> it? Any one know?

If you have Intel Application Accelerator, this will not be visible.
Remove IAA from Add/Remove Programs, and it will become visible.