P2B-LS largest hard drive support?

OK going back in time a little I'm currently on bios rev 1012 and I am
trying to use a 250GB HDD which seems fine under XP operating system but
reports only 85GB or so in the bios. There is a beta 1014 does this do
anything for larger drives?

Steve

Stevie Boy schrieb:

> OK going back in time a little I'm currently on bios rev 1012 and I am
> trying to use a 250GB HDD which seems fine under XP operating system but
> reports only 85GB or so in the bios. There is a beta 1014 does this do
> anything for larger drives?

While flashing 1014 beta 3 is generally to be recommended, it does not
support 48 bit LBA. I'd suggest to slap in an Ultra100TX2 (BIOS 2.00
build 14 or later, drivers 2.00 build 42 or 43 for Ultra133TX2) and be
done with it. That'll also be a lot quicker than the antiquated onboard
IDE. (There might be booting complications due to the onboard SCSI, not
sure.)

Stephan
--
Home: http://stephan.win31.de/
PC#6: i440BX, 2xP3-500E, 704 MiB, 18+80 GB, R9k AGP 64 MiB, 110W

> While flashing 1014 beta 3 is generally to be recommended, it does not
> support 48 bit LBA.

Been considering for ages but it seems to work absolutely fine with current
bios. I was considering an update via esupport to give support for such but
as you say will still be stuck with 33MBits/s IDE bus chips.

I'd suggest to slap in an Ultra100TX2 (BIOS 2.00
> build 14 or later, drivers 2.00 build 42 or 43 for Ultra133TX2) and be
> done with it.

To think I had one of these but sold it sometime ago when I went all scsi!
However don't know whether it had that BIOS spec.

That'll also be a lot quicker than the antiquated onboard
> IDE. (There might be booting complications due to the onboard SCSI, not
> sure.)

There was as I remember took me 6 months to sort it!!! Seemed PCI slot
fussy. Oddly got it working when I was feeling extremely poorly with a
terrible cold :)

Steve

IM running 2 - 300 gig drives,.. the increase storeage is recognized once u
install sp1 under winbloze XP!
and a few 160 giggers.. on an asus p4c800e dlx mobo and on a asus cusl2 mobo
--

Ron Shaw

I Am a Criminal created by the US Government
A Medical Cannabis Advocate, User & Engineer.
I Designed your Space Shuttles, Cars & Software.