Finally Passed "Flood" Level

Archived from groups: alt.games.halo (More info?)

Okay...For everyone thinking Halo has been out for 3 years now, what is
he saying???
Well I just Purchased Halo For PC for $25.00 And am passed the Flood
level which I think is half way through. Anyway it was a nice change
from the covenant, but the inner rooms kept repeating like 5 times and
felt like Bungie could have done better with a bit variety in this
area.
There is another level that repeats which is the "bridge" type level
that I saw three times already. All the outdoor levels are amazing and
really enjoyed using the various Vehicles.
Anyone play Halo 2 can tell me if indoor levels repeat alot too.
In case in comes to PC I would like to know. - Sam

<SamuelF566@AOL.COM> wrote in message
> Okay...For everyone thinking Halo has been out for 3 years now, what is
> he saying???
> Well I just Purchased Halo For PC for $25.00 And am passed the Flood
> level which I think is half way through. Anyway it was a nice change
> from the covenant, but the inner rooms kept repeating like 5 times and
> felt like Bungie could have done better with a bit variety in this
> area.
> There is another level that repeats which is the "bridge" type level
> that I saw three times already. All the outdoor levels are amazing and
> really enjoyed using the various Vehicles.
> Anyone play Halo 2 can tell me if indoor levels repeat alot too.
> In case in comes to PC I would like to know. - Sam

No.

But even though the levels are the same in Halo as you fight your way out,
the enemies are different, and as you see they are fighting each other. So
there is more chaos, which adds some variety to the familiar terrain.

SamuelF566@AOL.COM wrote:
> Okay...For everyone thinking Halo has been out for 3 years now, what
is
> he saying???

Actually, I just finished playing Halo for the first time myself.

> Well I just Purchased Halo For PC for $25.00 And am passed the Flood
> level which I think is half way through. Anyway it was a nice change
> from the covenant, but the inner rooms kept repeating like 5 times
and
> felt like Bungie could have done better with a bit variety in this
> area.

Although the indoor architecture (in a very believable fashion) repeats
itself, and there's even one section of the game where you're actually
back-tracking through terrain you've covered before, what makes those
sections unique are the aliens you're facing and the things those
aliens are doing as you meet them.

I actually loved this aspect of Halo's level design.
--
Justin Bacon
triad3204@aol.com

Justin Bacon wrote:
> SamuelF566@AOL.COM wrote:
> > Okay...For everyone thinking Halo has been out for 3 years now,
what
> is
> > he saying???
>
> Actually, I just finished playing Halo for the first time myself.
>
> > Well I just Purchased Halo For PC for $25.00 And am passed the
Flood
> > level which I think is half way through. Anyway it was a nice
change
> > from the covenant, but the inner rooms kept repeating like 5 times
> and
> > felt like Bungie could have done better with a bit variety in this
> > area.
>
> Although the indoor architecture (in a very believable fashion)
repeats
> itself, and there's even one section of the game where you're
actually
> back-tracking through terrain you've covered before, what makes those
> sections unique are the aliens you're facing and the things those
> aliens are doing as you meet them.
>
> I actually loved this aspect of Halo's level design.
> --
> Justin Bacon
> triad3204@aol.com

Yeah , I just thought the game could have been a bit better if the
Library/flood level did not repeat. Backtracking was fine because you
needed to go back and find ship towards the end. Actually I just
destroyed the second pulse generator and now stuck on level of banshee
going to tunnel. Think I am close to end. lets see 15 hours of play.