Preventing Windows 98 from appending a form feed at the en..

I have a browser based application that prints data on a dot-matrix
printer (Epson FX980) that has fan-folded labels (4 inch X 1 inch) fed
to it.

The current problem is, whenever we send a windows print command
from the browser, it prints the data on the label and then introduces
a form-feed at the end. This creates a problem, since users have to
manually position the label back to the right position for the next
print.

I am looking at settings/code/ways/properties that would prevent this
automatic form-feed from happening. The browser is IE 5 and above, and
the OS is WIN 98. Our application also uses ScriptX (freely
downloadable Activex) to control some of the printing features. The
machines used are stand-alone boxes(not part of any network).

Thanks in advance.
Subho

Alan

subhabratab@hotmail.com (Subho) wrote in message news:<6b20d0b4.0405260908.580eca15@posting.google.com>...
> I have a browser based application that prints data on a dot-matrix
> printer (Epson FX980) that has fan-folded labels (4 inch X 1 inch) fed
> to it.
>
> The current problem is, whenever we send a windows print command
> from the browser, it prints the data on the label and then introduces
> a form-feed at the end. This creates a problem, since users have to
> manually position the label back to the right position for the next
> print.
>
> I am looking at settings/code/ways/properties that would prevent this
> automatic form-feed from happening. The browser is IE 5 and above, and
> the OS is WIN 98. Our application also uses ScriptX (freely
> downloadable Activex) to control some of the printing features. The
> machines used are stand-alone boxes(not part of any network).

I assume you can ask the users to use a different printer driver, or
create one and have your app select it. Anyway, in this driver, change
the page size setting to Custom and make it the size of your label,
i.e. 1 inch in length. Then a form feed should just advance to the
next row of labels.