New Chipset Fans on OEM A8N-SLI

I went to a local computer store selling OEM boxed A8N-SLI. It had the
new northbridge chipset fan (turned 45 degrees from the original)
already on it. How long before Asus retail boxed A8N series boards get
the updated fan?

bill

In article <Ex6le.829564$w62.195351@bgtnsc05-
news.ops.worldnet.att.net>, roswell_2@yahoo.com says...
> I went to a local computer store selling OEM boxed A8N-SLI. It had the
> new northbridge chipset fan (turned 45 degrees from the original)
> already on it. How long before Asus retail boxed A8N series boards get
> the updated fan?

Probably when the old stock is out of the pipeline.

Bill

Don

Distinguished
Jul 21, 2001

"Bill" <spamtrap@tinlc.lumbercartel.com> wrote in message
> In article <Ex6le.829564$w62.195351@bgtnsc05-
> news.ops.worldnet.att.net>, roswell_2@yahoo.com says...
> > I went to a local computer store selling OEM boxed A8N-SLI. It had the
> > new northbridge chipset fan (turned 45 degrees from the original)
> > already on it. How long before Asus retail boxed A8N series boards get
> > the updated fan?
> >

> Probably when the old stock is out of the pipeline.
>
> Bill

I like that answer. Talinhg the piss 100% whist retaining an illusion of
100% sincerity. God knows I wish I could do that.

Don

Syd

Distinguished
Aug 1, 2004

"roswell" <roswell_2@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>I went to a local computer store selling OEM boxed A8N-SLI. It had the new
>northbridge chipset fan (turned 45 degrees from the original) already on
>it. How long before Asus retail boxed A8N series boards get the updated
>fan?
You can call Asus rma number, and they will ship you one of the new fans,
free. I got mine within 4 days; not installed yet because one must remove
motherboard to replace it.