New Chipset Fans on OEM A8N-SLI

Last response: in Motherboards
a b V Motherboard
May 26, 2005 1:57:57 AM

I went to a local computer store selling OEM boxed A8N-SLI. It had the
new northbridge chipset fan (turned 45 degrees from the original)
already on it. How long before Asus retail boxed A8N series boards get
the updated fan?
May 26, 2005 1:57:58 AM

In article <Ex6le.829564$w62.195351@bgtnsc05-
news.ops.worldnet.att.net>, roswell_2@yahoo.com says...
> I went to a local computer store selling OEM boxed A8N-SLI. It had the
> new northbridge chipset fan (turned 45 degrees from the original)
> already on it. How long before Asus retail boxed A8N series boards get
> the updated fan?

Probably when the old stock is out of the pipeline.

Bill
May 26, 2005 8:03:38 PM

"Bill" <spamtrap@tinlc.lumbercartel.com> wrote in message
> In article <Ex6le.829564$w62.195351@bgtnsc05-
> news.ops.worldnet.att.net>, roswell_2@yahoo.com says...
> > I went to a local computer store selling OEM boxed A8N-SLI. It had the
> > new northbridge chipset fan (turned 45 degrees from the original)
> > already on it. How long before Asus retail boxed A8N series boards get
> > the updated fan?
> >

> Probably when the old stock is out of the pipeline.
>
> Bill

I like that answer. Talinhg the piss 100% whist retaining an illusion of
100% sincerity. God knows I wish I could do that.

Don
June 5, 2005 1:52:38 AM

"roswell" <roswell_2@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>I went to a local computer store selling OEM boxed A8N-SLI. It had the new
>northbridge chipset fan (turned 45 degrees from the original) already on
>it. How long before Asus retail boxed A8N series boards get the updated
>fan?
You can call Asus rma number, and they will ship you one of the new fans,
free. I got mine within 4 days; not installed yet because one must remove
motherboard to replace it.
!