Canon scanner install

XP SP2 installed. When trying to install Canon 8000f
scanner, p&p recognises the hardware and says installed
ok. When trying to use the scanner the report cannot find
twain. After installation the device is not seen in
device manager although P&P report good install. Can
anyone out help please.
2 answers Last reply
More about canon scanner install

    There is an XP WIA driver for your scanner on the Canon site as well as support
    documents.
    http://consumer.usa.canon.com/ir/controller?act=SupportIndexAct

    --
    Mary Sauer MS MVP
    http://office.microsoft.com/
    "Bob Stephen" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > XP SP2 installed. When trying to install Canon 8000f
    > scanner, p&p recognises the hardware and says installed
    > ok. When trying to use the scanner the report cannot find
    > twain. After installation the device is not seen in
    > device manager although P&P report good install. Can
    > anyone out help please.

    I just installed a 3000f on my XP SP2 machine and didn't have any problems
    at all. Did you install the drivers before installing the scanner as
    recommended? I also chose the ScanGear CS driver as opposed to the WIA
    driver as recommend in the documentation that came with the scanner.
    You may want to try removing any trace of the scanner or driver and
    disconnect the scanner. Install the ScanGear CS driver and then install the
    scanner.
    The cd that came with the scanner provided everything I need to get it
    working with XP.

    "Bob Stephen" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    XP SP2 installed. When trying to install Canon 8000f
    scanner, p&p recognises the hardware and says installed
    ok. When trying to use the scanner the report cannot find
    twain. After installation the device is not seen in
    device manager although P&P report good install. Can
    anyone out help please.

Hardware Canon Scanners Windows XP