Canon scanner install

August 31, 2004 10:19:18 AM

XP SP2 installed. When trying to install Canon 8000f
scanner, p&p recognises the hardware and says installed
ok. When trying to use the scanner the report cannot find
twain. After installation the device is not seen in
device manager although P&P report good install. Can
anyone out help please.

More about : canon scanner install

Anonymous
August 31, 2004 2:40:49 PM

There is an XP WIA driver for your scanner on the Canon site as well as support
documents.
http://consumer.usa.canon.com/ir/controller?act=Support...

--
Mary Sauer MS MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/
"Bob Stephen" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> XP SP2 installed. When trying to install Canon 8000f
> scanner, p&p recognises the hardware and says installed
> ok. When trying to use the scanner the report cannot find
> twain. After installation the device is not seen in
> device manager although P&P report good install. Can
> anyone out help please.
August 31, 2004 9:33:57 PM

I just installed a 3000f on my XP SP2 machine and didn't have any problems
at all. Did you install the drivers before installing the scanner as
recommended? I also chose the ScanGear CS driver as opposed to the WIA
driver as recommend in the documentation that came with the scanner.
You may want to try removing any trace of the scanner or driver and
disconnect the scanner. Install the ScanGear CS driver and then install the
scanner.
The cd that came with the scanner provided everything I need to get it
working with XP.

!