Wireless Gaming Mouse

Archived from groups: alt.games.half-life,alt.games.halo (More info?)

Any recomendations? Thanks
18 answers Last reply
More about wireless gaming mouse
  1. Archived from groups: alt.games.half-life,alt.games.halo (More info?)

    Agent777 wrote:
    > Any recomendations? Thanks

    I have the Logitech Mireless Elite Duo, and I haven't had an excellent
    experience with it even on the desktop. I think there's inherent lag in
    wireless mice just from the LED constantly trying to turn off to save
    battery. Just get one with a long wire, or if that;s not enough, get one
    of those USB patch cables.

    --
    - Acercanto
    user: forestman domain: vt.edu

    I think there's a world market for about 8 computers. -- Bill Gates
  2. Archived from groups: alt.games.half-life,alt.games.halo (More info?)

    mx 700..best mouse ever!

    there are 2 addl buttons by your thumb to bind as well!! nice little
    advantage

    "Agent777" <Agent777@n0-n0-na.net> wrote in message
    > Any recomendations? Thanks

  3. Archived from groups: alt.games.half-life,alt.games.halo (More info?)

    "Agent777" <Agent777@n0-n0-na.net> wrote in message
    > Any recomendations? Thanks

    I've got an mx700 thats fantastic for games, and almost every review agrees.
    Dont get the mx1000 laser one though, although it is extraordinarily
    accurate, it has a safety cutout that means it only works when it is on the
    desk. so if you are moving around, and lift the mouse up to move in the same
    direction some more, it'll stop for a second or so.

  4. Archived from groups: alt.games.half-life,alt.games.halo (More info?)

    Agreed. I love my MX700. I have tried the Duo before for gaming, and I
    think the keyboard and mouse don't like sharing the bandwidth for gaming.
    Using just the wireless MX700 is great!

    "rob" <1@1.com> wrote in message
    > mx 700..best mouse ever!
    >
    > there are 2 addl buttons by your thumb to bind as well!! nice little
    > advantage
    >
    > "Agent777" <Agent777@n0-n0-na.net> wrote in message
    >> Any recomendations? Thanks

  5. Archived from groups: alt.games.half-life,alt.games.halo (More info?)

    On Fri, 17 Dec 2004 13:03:04 -0000, Iain Dingsdale
    <id018q4583@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote:

    > Dont get the mx1000 laser one though, although it is extraordinarily
    > accurate, it has a safety cutout that means it only works when it is on
    > the
    > desk. so if you are moving around, and lift the mouse up to move in the
    > same
    > direction some more, it'll stop for a second or so.

    The lights shuts down after about 6 sec. No noticeable delay on movement
    after that. I don't think there is a safety cutout except the manual
    switch. It's a great mouse, maybe a bit heavy for gaming.

    --
    Flashhart

  6. Archived from groups: alt.games.half-life,alt.games.halo (More info?)

    I have the MX1000 and have no problem moving while off the mat.
    Cuts out at about 1/4inch better than a ball mouse that cuts out as soon as
    you lift it.

    Warty

    --
    "The Right Man in the Wrong place can make all the difference in the world"
    The G-MAN

    "Iain Dingsdale" <id018q4583@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote in message

    > "Agent777" <Agent777@n0-n0-na.net> wrote in message
    >> Any recomendations? Thanks
    >
    > I've got an mx700 thats fantastic for games, and almost every review
    > agrees. Dont get the mx1000 laser one though, although it is
    > extraordinarily accurate, it has a safety cutout that means it only works
    > when it is on the desk. so if you are moving around, and lift the mouse up
    > to move in the same direction some more, it'll stop for a second or so.

  7. Archived from groups: alt.games.half-life,alt.games.halo (More info?)

    Yeah, one without a cord :-p

    "Agent777" <Agent777@n0-n0-na.net> wrote in message
    > Any recomendations? Thanks

  8. Archived from groups: alt.games.half-life,alt.games.halo (More info?)

    Same here MX 1000 is great, and works a few mm off the ground.

    --
    Andi.

    Remove only one zero to reply

    "Warty" <yeahbut@nobut.com> wrote in message
    > I have the MX1000 and have no problem moving while off the mat.
    > Cuts out at about 1/4inch better than a ball mouse that cuts out as soon
    as
    > you lift it.
    >
    > Warty
    >
    > --
    > "The Right Man in the Wrong place can make all the difference in the
    world"
    > The G-MAN
    >

    > "Iain Dingsdale" <id018q4583@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote in message
    > >
    > > "Agent777" <Agent777@n0-n0-na.net> wrote in message
    > >> Any recomendations? Thanks
    > >
    > > I've got an mx700 thats fantastic for games, and almost every review
    > > agrees. Dont get the mx1000 laser one though, although it is
    > > extraordinarily accurate, it has a safety cutout that means it only
    works
    > > when it is on the desk. so if you are moving around, and lift the mouse
    up
    > > to move in the same direction some more, it'll stop for a second or so.

  9. Archived from groups: alt.games.half-life,alt.games.halo (More info?)

    "Andi Cole" <andi@eloc00.co.uk> wrote in message
    > Same here MX 1000 is great, and works a few mm off the ground.

    depends how high you lift it i guess!

    > --
    > Andi.
    >
    > Remove only one zero to reply
    >

    > "Warty" <yeahbut@nobut.com> wrote in message
    >> I have the MX1000 and have no problem moving while off the mat.
    >> Cuts out at about 1/4inch better than a ball mouse that cuts out as soon
    > as
    >> you lift it.
    >>
    >> Warty
    >>
    >> --
    >> "The Right Man in the Wrong place can make all the difference in the
    > world"
    >> The G-MAN
    >>

    >> "Iain Dingsdale" <id018q4583@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote in message
    >> >
    >> > "Agent777" <Agent777@n0-n0-na.net> wrote in message
    >> >
    >> > I've got an mx700 thats fantastic for games, and almost every review
    >> > agrees. Dont get the mx1000 laser one though, although it is
    >> > extraordinarily accurate, it has a safety cutout that means it only
    > works
    >> > when it is on the desk. so if you are moving around, and lift the mouse
    > up
    >> > to move in the same direction some more, it'll stop for a second or so.

  10. Archived from groups: alt.games.half-life,alt.games.halo (More info?)

    LED ones????

    Infrared fool, and these arent the only ones around. The RF ones are really
    good, enter the Logitech MX700 or MX1000

    "Acercanto" <sendspam.to@microsoft.notme> wrote in message
    > Agent777 wrote:
    > > Any recomendations? Thanks
    > >

    > I have the Logitech Mireless Elite Duo, and I haven't had an excellent
    > experience with it even on the desktop. I think there's inherent lag in
    > wireless mice just from the LED constantly trying to turn off to save
    > battery. Just get one with a long wire, or if that;s not enough, get one
    > of those USB patch cables.
    >
    > --
    > - Acercanto
    > user: forestman domain: vt.edu
    >
    > I think there's a world market for about 8 computers. -- Bill Gates
  11. Archived from groups: alt.games.half-life,alt.games.halo (More info?)

    Sponge wrote:
    > LED ones????
    >
    > Infrared fool, and these arent the only ones around. The RF ones are really
    > good, enter the Logitech MX700 or MX1000

    No, you're right, RF is the transfer medium, and that's pretty much
    instantaneous. I was reffering to the LED on the bottom, that's always
    trying to turn off the instant you stop moving it...

    --
    - Acercanto
    user: forestman domain: vt.edu

    I think there's a world market for about 8 computers. -- Bill Gates
  12. Archived from groups: alt.games.half-life,alt.games.halo (More info?)

    "Sponge" <none@none.com> wrote in message
    > LED ones????
    >
    > Infrared fool, and these arent the only ones around. The RF ones are
    > really
    > good, enter the Logitech MX700 or MX1000

    No, led, notice the pretty red light underneath? dont look at it for too
    long or you'll see pretty pink spots

    > "Acercanto" <sendspam.to@microsoft.notme> wrote in message
    >> Agent777 wrote:
    >> > Any recomendations? Thanks
    >> >

    >> I have the Logitech Mireless Elite Duo, and I haven't had an excellent
    >> experience with it even on the desktop. I think there's inherent lag in
    >> wireless mice just from the LED constantly trying to turn off to save
    >> battery. Just get one with a long wire, or if that;s not enough, get one
    >> of those USB patch cables.
    >>
    >> --
    >> - Acercanto
    >> user: forestman domain: vt.edu
    >>
    >> I think there's a world market for about 8 computers. -- Bill Gates

  13. Archived from groups: alt.games.half-life,alt.games.halo (More info?)

    I think you are the fool for calling this guy a fool. Most wireless mice
    use an LED to take snapshots of the surface you have the mouse on. The
    Infrared you are talking about is a mean of communicating these snapshots to
    the computer. I think you owe him an apology for penance.

    "Sponge" <none@none.com> wrote in message
    > LED ones????
    >
    > Infrared fool, and these arent the only ones around. The RF ones are
    > really
    > good, enter the Logitech MX700 or MX1000
    >

    > "Acercanto" <sendspam.to@microsoft.notme> wrote in message
    >> Agent777 wrote:
    >> > Any recomendations? Thanks
    >> >

    >> I have the Logitech Mireless Elite Duo, and I haven't had an excellent
    >> experience with it even on the desktop. I think there's inherent lag in
    >> wireless mice just from the LED constantly trying to turn off to save
    >> battery. Just get one with a long wire, or if that;s not enough, get one
    >> of those USB patch cables.
    >>
    >> --
    >> - Acercanto
    >> user: forestman domain: vt.edu
    >>
    >> I think there's a world market for about 8 computers. -- Bill Gates

  14. Archived from groups: alt.games.half-life,alt.games.halo (More info?)

    Thats not an LED and it going into powersaving mode doesn't cause latency...

    > Sponge wrote:
    > > LED ones????
    > >
    > > Infrared fool, and these arent the only ones around. The RF ones are
    really
    > > good, enter the Logitech MX700 or MX1000
    > >

    > No, you're right, RF is the transfer medium, and that's pretty much
    > instantaneous. I was reffering to the LED on the bottom, that's always
    > trying to turn off the instant you stop moving it...
    >
    > --
    > - Acercanto
    > user: forestman domain: vt.edu
    >
    > I think there's a world market for about 8 computers. -- Bill Gates
  15. Archived from groups: alt.games.half-life,alt.games.halo (More info?)

    Sponge enlightened us with:
    > Thats not an LED

    It's not??? I could'a sworn it is... Then what is it? It's not a laser,
    because M$ is just coming out with a laser mouse. And it's not
    Incandescent because.. well, just because. And it's not a flame 'cause I
    don't think it is. (Unlike the replies I'm likely to receive) ;-)

    > and it going into powersaving mode doesn't cause latency...

    Hmmm, I may be wrong on that one, but I can't think of anything else
    that would cause the pointer to lag behind a tad, even on the desktop.
    With mine, pretty much the instant I stop moving it, the light goes dim,
    waiting for more input to "wake" it back up. I had always figured that
    bit of time it takes to realize it needs to wake up was the
    sluggishness, but I could be totally off..

    - Acercanto
    user: forestman domain: vt.edu
    I think there's a world market for about 8 computers. -- Bill Gates
  16. Archived from groups: alt.games.half-life,alt.games.halo (More info?)

    > Sponge enlightened us with:
    >> Thats not an LED
    >
    > It's not??? I could'a sworn it is... Then what is it? It's not a laser,
    > because M$ is just coming out with a laser mouse. And it's not
    > Incandescent because.. well, just because. And it's not a flame 'cause I
    > don't think it is. (Unlike the replies I'm likely to receive) ;-)

    it is an LED, dont listen to that mong. my old MS intellimouse explorer even
    said something along the lines of "class 1 LED device" on it. Its most
    definately not your average 100w bayonet cap :)

    >> and it going into powersaving mode doesn't cause latency...
    >
    > Hmmm, I may be wrong on that one, but I can't think of anything else that
    > would cause the pointer to lag behind a tad, even on the desktop. With
    > mine, pretty much the instant I stop moving it, the light goes dim,
    > waiting for more input to "wake" it back up. I had always figured that bit
    > of time it takes to realize it needs to wake up was the sluggishness, but
    > I could be totally off..

    i think its actually the RF shutting down that causes the delay, as wired
    optical mice do the same thing and dont have a delay

    > - Acercanto
    > user: forestman domain: vt.edu
    > I think there's a world market for about 8 computers. -- Bill Gates
  17. Archived from groups: alt.games.half-life,alt.games.halo (More info?)

    Ok i have the mx1000 wireless laser, having upgraded from the logitech mx510
    wired optical. The mx1000 is extremely nice. As far as it cutting off, you
    don't notice in the heat of battle, and it cuts on so quick theres almost no
    lag. the button config is nice too with the scroll wheel that tilts left
    and right, page up and down buttons and customizable buttons. It is heavy,
    but the last is so much better on pickup you don't need a mousepad. I have
    a woodgrain desk and my optical jumped around on it. The laser has no prob
    with it. so with no pad, the field of movement is a lot bigger and you
    don't have to pick it up to center as much.
  18. Archived from groups: alt.games.half-life,alt.games.halo (More info?)

    Hi,

    Yep got the MX1000 laser mouse and the response is amazing. I was very happy
    with my MX510 but my kind brother got me the mx1000 for christmas. Initially
    on UT2004 the control was too much I took off mouse acceleration and with
    some practice NICE. The height off cut off is around 4mm but instant
    connection once on the surface again. Depends on style of play. Online death
    match some relearning is required but for Single player shoot em ups ie H-L
    2 and Doom excellent.

    physman

    "Nobody" <nobody@nowhere.net> wrote in message
    > Ok i have the mx1000 wireless laser, having upgraded from the logitech
    > mx510 wired optical. The mx1000 is extremely nice. As far as it cutting
    > off, you don't notice in the heat of battle, and it cuts on so quick
    > theres almost no lag. the button config is nice too with the scroll wheel
    > that tilts left and right, page up and down buttons and customizable
    > buttons. It is heavy, but the last is so much better on pickup you don't
    > need a mousepad. I have a woodgrain desk and my optical jumped around on
    > it. The laser has no prob with it. so with no pad, the field of movement
    > is a lot bigger and you don't have to pick it up to center as much.

Wireless Gaming Mice Games Video Games