Closed

Unknown Device in A8N SLI deluxe

I have an "Unknown Device" with a yellow question mark in "Other Devices" in
my Device Manager. Windows XP Pro did not install any drivers for the device
and "ACPI/ATK0110/1010110" was listed under properties for the device. Even
the Windows Update service does not have a driver for the device. Anyone
knows what device drivers I must have missed installing?
8 answers Last reply
More about unknown device deluxe

    In article <B9Qle.3747$BR4.1974@news-server.bigpond.net.au>, "Hun Chee
    Tham" <hctham@bigpond.net.au> wrote:

    > I have an "Unknown Device" with a yellow question mark in "Other Devices" in
    > my Device Manager. Windows XP Pro did not install any drivers for the device
    > and "ACPI/ATK0110/1010110" was listed under properties for the device. Even
    > the Windows Update service does not have a driver for the device. Anyone
    > knows what device drivers I must have missed installing?

    The ATK stands for AsusTeK, and this is a pseudo-device driver.
    The AIBooster software has a driver in it. Perhaps installing that
    software will make the "?" go away.

    Paul

    It appears to be valid... I have the device under "System" on my AMD64 3200+
    with the same A8N-SLI Dlx board. The driver is what appears to be a ATK(?)
    driver for it: ASACPI.sys found in the system32\drivers folder. Just says
    it is a "Windows Hardware Compatability Publisher".

    Don't how much help this would be but good luck!

    Len

    "Len Mattix" <len207@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > It appears to be valid... I have the device under "System" on my AMD64
    > 3200+ with the same A8N-SLI Dlx board. The driver is what appears to be a
    > ATK(?) driver for it: ASACPI.sys found in the system32\drivers folder.
    > Just says it is a "Windows Hardware Compatability Publisher".
    >
    > Don't how much help this would be but good luck!
    >
    > Len

    The OP should install the mb driver disk that came with the motherboard.
    That should resolve the issue. The mb drivers can also be downloaded from
    the Asus website.

    Installed the AIBooster a few minutes ago and sure enought no more "Unknown
    Device" and yellow question mark. Thanks everyone especially Paul.

    Hun Chee Tham

    In article <B9Qle.3747$BR4.1974@news-server.bigpond.net.au>, "Hun Chee
    Tham" <hctham@bigpond.net.au> wrote:

    > I have an "Unknown Device" with a yellow question mark in "Other Devices"
    > in
    > my Device Manager. Windows XP Pro did not install any drivers for the
    > device
    > and "ACPI/ATK0110/1010110" was listed under properties for the device.
    > Even
    > the Windows Update service does not have a driver for the device. Anyone
    > knows what device drivers I must have missed installing?

    The ATK stands for AsusTeK, and this is a pseudo-device driver.
    The AIBooster software has a driver in it. Perhaps installing that
    software will make the "?" go away.

    Paul

    Anyone no if there is 64bit version of aibooster or at least the driver?
    Oh, I usually just put the cd in and windows find the driver without
    installing ai booster.

    "Tom" <tjs2906@comcast.net> wrote in message
    > Anyone no if there is 64bit version of aibooster or at least the driver?
    > Oh, I usually just put the cd in and windows find the driver without
    > installing ai booster.

    All available drivers are on the Asus website.
  7. On ASUS global site, DOWNLOAD section, UTILITIES folder,
    you can find "ACPI driver for ATK 0110 virtual device"

    Install and enjoy.
  8. This topic has been closed by Area51reopened

Asus Device Manager Drivers SLI Devices Motherboards