Last response: in Motherboards
a b \ Driver
a b V Motherboard
May 28, 2005 5:52:33 AM

I have an "Unknown Device" with a yellow question mark in "Other Devices" in
my Device Manager. Windows XP Pro did not install any drivers for the device
and "ACPI/ATK0110/1010110" was listed under properties for the device. Even
the Windows Update service does not have a driver for the device. Anyone
knows what device drivers I must have missed installing?

More about : unknown device a8n sli deluxe

May 28, 2005 5:52:34 AM

In article <B9Qle.3747$BR4.1974@news-server.bigpond.net.au>, "Hun Chee
Tham" <hctham@bigpond.net.au> wrote:

> I have an "Unknown Device" with a yellow question mark in "Other Devices" in
> my Device Manager. Windows XP Pro did not install any drivers for the device
> and "ACPI/ATK0110/1010110" was listed under properties for the device. Even
> the Windows Update service does not have a driver for the device. Anyone
> knows what device drivers I must have missed installing?

The ATK stands for AsusTeK, and this is a pseudo-device driver.
The AIBooster software has a driver in it. Perhaps installing that
software will make the "?" go away.

Paul
Anonymous
a b \ Driver
a b V Motherboard
May 28, 2005 5:52:34 AM

It appears to be valid... I have the device under "System" on my AMD64 3200+
with the same A8N-SLI Dlx board. The driver is what appears to be a ATK(?)
driver for it: ASACPI.sys found in the system32\drivers folder. Just says
it is a "Windows Hardware Compatability Publisher".

Don't how much help this would be but good luck!

Len

"Hun Chee Tham" <hctham@bigpond.net.au> wrote in message
>I have an "Unknown Device" with a yellow question mark in "Other Devices"
>in
> my Device Manager. Windows XP Pro did not install any drivers for the
> device
> and "ACPI/ATK0110/1010110" was listed under properties for the device.
> Even
> the Windows Update service does not have a driver for the device. Anyone
> knows what device drivers I must have missed installing?

a b \ Driver
a b V Motherboard
May 28, 2005 5:52:35 AM

"Len Mattix" <len207@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> It appears to be valid... I have the device under "System" on my AMD64
> 3200+ with the same A8N-SLI Dlx board. The driver is what appears to be a
> ATK(?) driver for it: ASACPI.sys found in the system32\drivers folder.
> Just says it is a "Windows Hardware Compatability Publisher".
>
> Don't how much help this would be but good luck!
>
> Len

The OP should install the mb driver disk that came with the motherboard.
That should resolve the issue. The mb drivers can also be downloaded from
the Asus website.
Anonymous
a b \ Driver
a b V Motherboard
May 28, 2005 9:09:32 AM

Installed the AIBooster a few minutes ago and sure enought no more "Unknown
Device" and yellow question mark. Thanks everyone especially Paul.

Hun Chee Tham

In article <B9Qle.3747$BR4.1974@news-server.bigpond.net.au>, "Hun Chee
Tham" <hctham@bigpond.net.au> wrote:

> I have an "Unknown Device" with a yellow question mark in "Other Devices"
> in
> my Device Manager. Windows XP Pro did not install any drivers for the
> device
> and "ACPI/ATK0110/1010110" was listed under properties for the device.
> Even
> the Windows Update service does not have a driver for the device. Anyone
> knows what device drivers I must have missed installing?

The ATK stands for AsusTeK, and this is a pseudo-device driver.
The AIBooster software has a driver in it. Perhaps installing that
software will make the "?" go away.

Paul
May 28, 2005 11:54:07 AM

Anyone no if there is 64bit version of aibooster or at least the driver?
Oh, I usually just put the cd in and windows find the driver without
installing ai booster.

"Hun Chee Tham" <hctham@bigpond.net.au> wrote in message
>I have an "Unknown Device" with a yellow question mark in "Other Devices"
>in
> my Device Manager. Windows XP Pro did not install any drivers for the
> device
> and "ACPI/ATK0110/1010110" was listed under properties for the device.
> Even
> the Windows Update service does not have a driver for the device. Anyone
> knows what device drivers I must have missed installing?

Anonymous
a b \ Driver
a b V Motherboard
May 28, 2005 4:45:53 PM

"Tom" <tjs2906@comcast.net> wrote in message
> Anyone no if there is 64bit version of aibooster or at least the driver?
> Oh, I usually just put the cd in and windows find the driver without
> installing ai booster.

All available drivers are on the Asus website.
July 22, 2012 1:57:01 PM

On ASUS global site, DOWNLOAD section, UTILITIES folder,
you can find "ACPI driver for ATK 0110 virtual device"

Install and enjoy.
a c 397 Ĉ ASUS
a b \ Driver
a c 1533 V Motherboard
July 22, 2012 2:03:12 PM

This topic has been closed by Area51reopened
!