A7V266-E Mouse just died!

Hi,
I have an Asus A7V266-E, had it since new (2 years or so). Running Win98SE
just for games, music etc. The PS2 mouse started to die on me so I bought a
USB optical mouse, that worked for a time. Now both don't work reliably.
The USB mouse light switches off and no response at all.
I've not changed any hardware etc. Any ideas on my dead mouse?

Thanks.

Ray...

I would try to test it under puere DOS, with any program that works with the
mouse, like GHOST.
If it is HW problem, it would be also present under DOS.

Hi,
Thanks. I have tried in DOS just the same. Tried a USB keyboard that works
even when the USB mouse switches off. I'm thinking, is there a chip on the
motherboard that control's the mouse, maybe it's faulty??

Ray...