Modem or COM Port Problems

August 31, 2004 5:03:22 PM

When logging onto the internet: error message "The
communication port is invalid or busy."

Query Modem: The port is currently open by another
location. Exit any application using the port.

My modem (Conexant HSFiV92 MiniPCI)is on COM 3

More about : modem port problems

Anonymous
August 31, 2004 6:07:04 PM

You already have the answer. "Exit any application using the port."

Fax program open?

Enable comport sharing in modem setup (I think).

If drivers are messed up - remove modem from device manager, restart PC and
let Windows reload drivers automatically.

r.

!