How do I disable the built-in keyboard?

Does anybody know how to disable the built-in keyboard on my Dell
Inspiron 5100 through windows or any other means? Some of my keys do
not work and are stuck down, and the repeated keystrokes messes windows
up a lot. Thank you so much, this would help me a lot!

--
gigu003

Send it to Dell for repair.

"gigu003" <gigu003.1bvld1@pcbanter.net> wrote in message

| Does anybody know how to disable the built-in keyboard on
my Dell
| Inspiron 5100 through windows or any other means? Some of
my keys do
| not work and are stuck down, and the repeated keystrokes
messes windows
| up a lot. Thank you so much, this would help me a lot!
|

| --
| gigu003

henry

Distinguished
Jun 11, 2003

gigu003 <gigu003.1bvld1@pcbanter.net> wrote in

> Does anybody know how to disable the built-in keyboard on my Dell
> Inspiron 5100 through windows or any other means? Some of my keys do
> not work and are stuck down, and the repeated keystrokes messes windows
> up a lot. Thank you so much, this would help me a lot!

just plug in a standard keyboard and you will be prompted to select one.

What kind of laptop are you using? It doesn't ask that ever for me.
You may need to disable the laptop's keyboard in the BIOS or try to
disable it in Device Manager (Start-Run-Devmgmt.msc).

----
Nathan McNulty