Windows XP has no sound after installing the Windows XP Se..

Does anyone know how come my brand new computer that was
working perfectly has no sound after installing the
windows XP service pack 2
3 answers Last reply
More about windows sound installing windows

    Gregg;
    Open Volume Control and verify all sliders are up and none muted.
    Look under Advanced and see if "Digital Output Only" is or is not
    checked, change it.

    Go to the website of the sound card/computer manufacturer and get the
    latest sound drivers for Windows XP.

    --
    Jupiter Jones [MVP]
    http://www3.telus.net/dandemar/

    "Gregg" <carmenbeaudoin93@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > Does anyone know how come my brand new computer that was
    > working perfectly has no sound after installing the
    > windows XP service pack 2

    happen to me, not only did I loose the sound but the print spooler got
    trashed.
    I did back up all my data so I did a reinstallation of xp then sp2 and so
    far it is working fine.

    "Gregg" <carmenbeaudoin93@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > Does anyone know how come my brand new computer that was
    > working perfectly has no sound after installing the
    > windows XP service pack 2

    Kind of odd how SP2 has done weird things to people's systems. I have 7
    computers here that I have upgraded and not a single one had problems
    that have been described. I was actually hoping some of them would so
    that I could report them or solve the problems that others have been
    seeing. No dice though.

    To the OP, just try reinstalling the latest sound card drivers. Try
    this: Uninstall the sound card drivers/software, remove the sound card
    from Device Manager, reboot, then installing the latest drivers.

    ----
    Nathan McNulty

    BigJIm wrote:
    > happen to me, not only did I loose the sound but the print spooler got
    > trashed.
    > I did back up all my data so I did a reinstallation of xp then sp2 and so
    > far it is working fine.
    >
    > "Gregg" <carmenbeaudoin93@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    >
    >>Does anyone know how come my brand new computer that was
    >>working perfectly has no sound after installing the
    >>windows XP service pack 2

Hardware Microsoft Windows XP