disable the "no dial tone" on a usr modem

Jim

I know there's a modem command to make the modem dial
even though it dosen't hear a dial tone. I'm using a dos
program to do to this. It's like a ATS=nDT. Can't find it
in the manual. Problem is, where i'm dialing into, the
other computer has a strange ring and my usr modem thinks
it's a busy signal. Thanks!

The command may depend on your modem. AT (attention modem) generally tells
it commands follow. You can try X0 (won't detect dial or busy signal)
and/or have a look at http://www.modemhelp.org/sets.html for more specific
information.

"jim" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I know there's a modem command to make the modem dial
> even though it dosen't hear a dial tone. I'm using a dos
> program to do to this. It's like a ATS=nDT. Can't find it
> in the manual. Problem is, where i'm dialing into, the
> other computer has a strange ring and my usr modem thinks
> it's a busy signal. Thanks!

T3 is the one you search for....

--
Tumppi
Reply to group

"jim" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> kirjoitti viestissä
> I know there's a modem command to make the modem dial
> even though it dosen't hear a dial tone. I'm using a dos
> program to do to this. It's like a ATS=nDT. Can't find it
> in the manual. Problem is, where i'm dialing into, the
> other computer has a strange ring and my usr modem thinks
> it's a busy signal. Thanks!

SOrry, sorry X3 !!!!