modem not compatible?

August 31, 2004 10:58:52 PM

try to install WXP. says modem, Conextant SoftK56 Data,fax
pci modem not compatible. tried to download drivers.
put in new modem. us robotics that says it is compatible
with WXP. same problem. when CS loads, main opening page
window does not show. Can't access anything but email.
Modems, both, not compatible. Update anywhere? tried HP,
Conextant, Microsoft, etc.
I have pavilion Xe743. added memory. What gives?

More about : modem compatible

Anonymous
September 1, 2004 1:12:47 AM

Physically remove the modem, install Windows and then
reinstall the modem.

"Philip Wright" <wrightpwshutter@cs.com> wrote in message
| try to install WXP. says modem, Conextant SoftK56 Data,fax
| pci modem not compatible. tried to download drivers.
| put in new modem. us robotics that says it is compatible
| with WXP. same problem. when CS loads, main opening page
| window does not show. Can't access anything but email.
| Modems, both, not compatible. Update anywhere? tried HP,
| Conextant, Microsoft, etc.
| I have pavilion Xe743. added memory. What gives?
Anonymous
September 1, 2004 1:12:48 AM

you included about the government. Amen.
September 1, 2004 1:40:24 AM

You're welcome to use it, hope the modem problem gets solved
too.

> [...]
September 1, 2004 9:13:04 AM

try it in a different slot you might have a conflict going on.

!