Modems +Win XP Pro [revised]

I have to temporarily resort back to a modem for internet
access. I have this PCI modem that I used to use when I
had a pcchips motherboard back in 2000. It used Ambient
Ham M598...something driver w/Win 98. Now my specs are:

Asrock P4 2.0ghz P4VT8 motherboard w/VIA Chipset
512 Ram
I can't figure out what driver to use now and where to
get it from. Can someone please assist me with this
issue? Thanks.

jah711 wrote:
> I have this PCI modem that I used to use when I
> had a pcchips motherboard back in 2000. It used Ambient
> Ham M598...something driver w/Win 98. I can't figure out
> what driver to use now and where to get it from.

Hi,

Ambient was acquired by Intel. Drivers for Ambient modems can now be found
here:

http://www.intel.com/design/modems/support/drivers.htm

You will need to figure out what exactly you have though; M598 sounds like
the model number of an old motherboard.

--
Chris Priede (priede@panix.com)

BigJim

is the modem compatible with xp not all are you know
"jah711" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have to temporarily resort back to a modem for internet
> access. I have this PCI modem that I used to use when I
> had a pcchips motherboard back in 2000. It used Ambient
> Ham M598...something driver w/Win 98. Now my specs are:
>
> Asrock P4 2.0ghz P4VT8 motherboard w/VIA Chipset
> 512 Ram
> I can't figure out what driver to use now and where to
> get it from. Can someone please assist me with this
> issue? Thanks.

Try EVEREST from www.lavalys.com to get details on the
system.