LS-120 Drive Letter Allocation

I have upgraded to XP Home. My LS-120 Drive works fine,
but the system has allocated it to Drive B: There is no
Drive A: at all.
I looked in Admin Tools -> Computer Management ->
Storage -> Disk Management, but it is not listed there
(only HDD and CDROM), so how can I change its drive
letter allocation to A: please?

Check your BIOS for enabling LS120 drives. If it does make that selection
and once you have saved the changes , exited the BIOS and rebooted you
should find that your floppy drive is now "A" and the LS120 is now drive
"B".

Had to do it myself. Hope this helps.
"Bruce Fairhall" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have upgraded to XP Home. My LS-120 Drive works fine,
> but the system has allocated it to Drive B: There is no
> Drive A: at all.
> I looked in Admin Tools -> Computer Management ->
> Storage -> Disk Management, but it is not listed there
> (only HDD and CDROM), so how can I change its drive
> letter allocation to A: please?

Jerry

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

Re-read the problem.

He said he has NO floppy drive.

"Chris Smith" <princesofmaine@prexar.com> wrote in message
> Check your BIOS for enabling LS120 drives. If it does make that selection
> and once you have saved the changes , exited the BIOS and rebooted you
> should find that your floppy drive is now "A" and the LS120 is now drive
> "B".
>
> Had to do it myself. Hope this helps.
> "Bruce Fairhall" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>>I have upgraded to XP Home. My LS-120 Drive works fine,
>> but the system has allocated it to Drive B: There is no
>> Drive A: at all.
>> I looked in Admin Tools -> Computer Management ->
>> Storage -> Disk Management, but it is not listed there
>> (only HDD and CDROM), so how can I change its drive
>> letter allocation to A: please?

Jerry

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

Is the LS-120 correctly identified in the BIOS?