Nero

Distinguished
Oct 19, 2003

I have a problem with re installing my Dynamode USB DSL modem after
installing SP2.
Installation from install CD goes ok then when I reboot, connect the modem
to the PC as asked, the installation continues and says" processing"and just
hangs and does not get anywhere.
Before SP2 there were no problems.
If I uninstall SP2 there is no problem at all and I can re install the
modem.

Many things with USB seem to have gone awry with SP2. Most of these
have been fixed by updating the motherboard drivers. I would suggest
using Everest Home from www.lavalys.com to determine your hardware and
the location of the appropriate drivers ;)

----
Nathan McNulty

Nero wrote:
> I have a problem with re installing my Dynamode USB DSL modem after
> installing SP2.
> Installation from install CD goes ok then when I reboot, connect the modem
> to the PC as asked, the installation continues and says" processing"and just
> hangs and does not get anywhere.
> Before SP2 there were no problems.
> If I uninstall SP2 there is no problem at all and I can re install the
> modem.

Nero

Distinguished
Oct 19, 2003

Did just that, up to date mb drivers..................
it was nothin to do with that...................
was the fact that the DSL modem installation part where it sets it up did
not like SP2
Windows had no problem knowing the modem was there.

Sounds like you fixed it? If not, you know what you have to do now :)

You need updated software/drivers from the DSL Modem Manufacturer ;)

----
Nathan McNulty