P5GDC-V Delux

Will an Adaptec SCSI Card 39320A-R 64-bit 133 MHz PCI-X, card
Work (or fit???) with a P5GDC-V Delux ??
Thanks,
4 answers Last reply
More about p5gdc delux

    My understanding is that pci-x is backwards compatible with pci. so
    your board (which should have pci) should be able to use the pci-x card
    - however the performance would be reduced to pci rather than running
    at pci-x.
    Are you building a workstation or server? do you have many SCSI disks?
    are you after more space or a RAID array?
    I'd either buy a pci-x motherboard or get sata / sata2 - I definitely
    wouldnt rely on pci-x in a pci slot - what a waste and a lot of hassle.

    In article <dirp911f3uebqib710vjkl4gp4o4ir1p5n@4ax.com>, Ben
    <fiftysixk@home.com> wrote:

    > Will an Adaptec SCSI Card 39320A-R 64-bit 133 MHz PCI-X, card
    > Work (or fit???) with a P5GDC-V Delux ??
    > Thanks,

    Phone Adaptec and ask ?
    The Adaptec web site says 800-442-7274

    Also, if you use the Adaptec search engine, and search for
    "PCI socket" in their support stuff, Answer ID 11130 says:

    Which 64-bit PCI cards will work in older 32-bit 5.0 volt PCI slots?

    This information applies to the following Product(s):

    - Adaptec SCSI Card 29320A-R
    - Adaptec SCSI Card 29320ALP-R
    - Adaptec SCSI Card 39320A-R <---
    - Adaptec SCSI Card 29320-R
    - Adaptec SCSI Card 29320LP-R
    - Adaptec SCSI Card 39320-R
    - Adaptec SCSI Card 39320D-R
    - Adaptec SCSI Card 39320D
    - Adaptec Fibre Card 9110G Copper
    - Adaptec Fibre Card 9110G Optical
    - Adaptec Fibre Card 9210LP
    - Adaptec Fibre Card 9210LPC
    - FireConnect 8300
    - Adaptec PowerDomain 29160
    - Adaptec PowerDomain 39160
    - Adaptec SCSI Card 29160
    - Adaptec SCSI Card 39160
    - Adaptec SCSI Card 29160LP
    - ANA-6922A
    - ANA-6944/T4
    - ANA-6944/TX
    - ANA-6944A
    - ANA-6944A/TX
    - ANA-62022
    - ANA-62044
    - ANA-64022LV
    - ANA-64044
    - ANA-64044LV
    - Adaptec ATA RAID 2400A
    - Adaptec SCSI RAID 2110S
    - Adaptec SCSI RAID 2120S
    - Adaptec SCSI RAID 2200S
    - Adaptec SCSI RAID 3210S
    - Adaptec SCSI RAID 3410S
    - Adaptec iSCSI Card 7211F
    - Adaptec iSCSI Card 7211C
    - Adaptec Serial ATA Raid 2410SA
    - Serial ATA Raid 2410SA Enclosure Kit
    - Adaptec Serial ATA Raid 2810SA
    - Adaptec Serial ATA Raid 21610SA

    This information applies to the following Operating System(s):

    - This information is not Operating System specific

    Answer

    Most 64-bit cards are 3.3 and 5 volt which allows them to work
    in the older 5.0 volt 32-bit PCI slots. 64-bit PCI cards are
    backwards compatible with 32-bit PCI slots. Please see the list
    of indicated products above that will work in the older 32-bit
    5.0 volt PCI buses. The motherboard must be fully PCI 2.1
    compliant as well.

    Paul

    This X stuff is new to me the board has a pci exp x1 and a pci x
    16 slot. eye balling the adaptec card online, the card seems to look
    longer than the x16 slot.

    yup , I have a number of drives and often make them grind
    Maybe raid later.

    thanks

    On 1 Jun 2005 06:05:28 -0700, "Frobinrobin" <frobinrobin@hotmail.com>
    wrote:

    >My understanding is that pci-x is backwards compatible with pci. so
    >your board (which should have pci) should be able to use the pci-x card
    >- however the performance would be reduced to pci rather than running
    >at pci-x.
    >Are you building a workstation or server? do you have many SCSI disks?
    >are you after more space or a RAID array?
    >I'd either buy a pci-x motherboard or get sata / sata2 - I definitely
    >wouldnt rely on pci-x in a pci slot - what a waste and a lot of hassle.

    FYI:
    Your motherboard has PCIExpresx1 (for add on cards) and PCIExpressx16
    (for PCI Express graphics).
    It should also have a few PCI slots in which the Adaptec card is should
    fit - even though the card is PCIX- as Paul was explaining the PCIX /
    PCI compatibility.

    So to recap on the types of PCI:
    PCIExpress x1 = For add in cards, found on the newest boards.
    PCIExpress x16 = the replacement for AGP Graphics found on the newest
    boards
    PCI = For Legacy devices found on nearly all boards
    PCI-X = Usually found in servers, used for high end add in cards.

    Hope this helps you.

Asus Adaptec Motherboards