Epson 2200 Cleaning Pad Replacement

gary

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Archived from groups: comp.periphs.printers,comp.sys.mac.printing (More info?)

I have a new (two months old) Epson 2200 which is leaving streaks on one
side of my two sided printouts. I guess ink somehow got on the rollers.

The manual suggests using a damp cleaning pad on the rollers. But, I
must have misplaced mine.

Two questions:

1) Is there a good substitute? Will a clean rag do it? A paper towel (
well woven, like Viva)?

2) Where can I order a replacement? Epson doesn't list it on their web
site.

thanks for your help.

Gary
--
please emove underscores in domain to reply by email. m_i_n_d_s_p_r_i_n_
g -> mindspring

Archived from groups: comp.periphs.printers,comp.sys.mac.printing (More info?)

In article <20040526203957891-0700@news.concentric.net>,
Gary <gbeb@m_i_n_d_s_p_r_i_n_g.com> wrote:

> I have a new (two months old) Epson 2200 which is leaving streaks on one
> side of my two sided printouts. I guess ink somehow got on the rollers.
>
> The manual suggests using a damp cleaning pad on the rollers. But, I
> must have misplaced mine.
>
> Two questions:
>
> 1) Is there a good substitute? Will a clean rag do it? A paper towel (
> well woven, like Viva)?

Best to use a lint-free cloth (old cotton t-shirt) but I have used
paper towels too.

> 2) Where can I order a replacement? Epson doesn't list it on their web
> site.

Sorry, don't know. You shouldn't really need it though.

HTH,

Ken P.

--
Remove _me_ for e-mail address

BURT

Archived from groups: comp.periphs.printers,comp.sys.mac.printing (More info?)

I have seen one posting for this problem that uses a good quality watercolor
paper dampened with windex and run through the printer. Be very careful,
however, if you do this. I tried it on my Stylus 900 with some construction
paper and caught the paper on one of the wire clips that hold the rollers in
place. Nearly had to junk the printer after that! I assume that watercolor
paper has better wet strength and will not tend to catch on the roller
clips. I think there are also some cleaning sheets available at places like
office max that may work. Cleaning manually works but it is very difficult
to get into all the places in the paper drive path that can retain ink. On
my printer the problem arises when I mistakenly print something on paper too
narrow (page setup problem with landscape/portrait error usually) and the
ink is sprayed into the drive wheel area instead of on the paper. Be sure
to avoid this kind of stupid error!

"Gary" <gbeb@m_i_n_d_s_p_r_i_n_g.com> wrote in message
> I have a new (two months old) Epson 2200 which is leaving streaks on one
> side of my two sided printouts. I guess ink somehow got on the rollers.
>
> The manual suggests using a damp cleaning pad on the rollers. But, I
> must have misplaced mine.
>
> Two questions:
>
> 1) Is there a good substitute? Will a clean rag do it? A paper towel (
> well woven, like Viva)?
>
> 2) Where can I order a replacement? Epson doesn't list it on their web
> site.
>
> thanks for your help.
>
> Gary
> --
> please emove underscores in domain to reply by email. m_i_n_d_s_p_r_i_n_
> g -> mindspring

Archived from groups: comp.periphs.printers,comp.sys.mac.printing (More info?)

In article B9stc.4862$AF5.26@newssvr27.news.prodigy.com, Burt at
burtnle@pacbell.net wrote on 27/5/04 21:26:

I don't have the original message to quote, so sorry for butting in:

> "Gary" <gbeb@m_i_n_d_s_p_r_i_n_g.com> wrote in message
>> I have a new (two months old) Epson 2200 which is leaving streaks on one
>> side of my two sided printouts. I guess ink somehow got on the rollers.
>>
>> The manual suggests using a damp cleaning pad on the rollers. But, I
>> must have misplaced mine.

It does say "use _a_ damp cleaning pad", rather than "use _the_ damp
cleaning pad"?

If the first, that implies that you're supposed to supply the damp pad
yourself, so it couldn't possibly have come in the Epson box!

--
Cheers,

Derryck

Archived from groups: comp.periphs.printers,comp.sys.mac.printing (More info?)

On 26 May 2004 23:40:02 EDT, Gary <gbeb@m_i_n_d_s_p_r_i_n_g.com>
wrote:

>I have a new (two months old) Epson 2200 which is leaving streaks on one
>side of my two sided printouts. I guess ink somehow got on the rollers.
>
>The manual suggests using a damp cleaning pad on the rollers. But, I
>must have misplaced mine.
>
>Two questions:
>
>1) Is there a good substitute? Will a clean rag do it? A paper towel (
>well woven, like Viva)?
>
>2) Where can I order a replacement? Epson doesn't list it on their web
>site.
>
>thanks for your help.

Have you tried using the cleaning sheets that come with the printer?

--

Hecate
Hecate@newsguy.com

Archived from groups: comp.periphs.printers,comp.sys.mac.printing (More info?)

On 5/26/04 11:40 PM, Gary uttered:

> I have a new (two months old) Epson 2200 which is leaving streaks on one
> side of my two sided printouts. I guess ink somehow got on the rollers.
>
> The manual suggests using a damp cleaning pad on the rollers. But, I
> must have misplaced mine.
>
> Two questions:
>
> 1) Is there a good substitute? Will a clean rag do it? A paper towel (
> well woven, like Viva)?
>
> 2) Where can I order a replacement? Epson doesn't list it on their web
> site.
>
> thanks for your help.
>
> Gary

You might check into this or similar:
http://tinyurl.com/2g56e

Office Depot® Inkjet/Dot Matrix Printer Cleaner, Pack Of 3
Improves output and extends printer and cartridge life by removing dirt and
debris. Use the inkjet and dot matrix printer cleaner on your equipment and
supplies, including cartridges, printheads and rollers. Includes
instructions, three cleaner sheets, eight cotton swabs, eight lint-free
swabs and solution.

When next I go to Office Depot I need to pick some up;)

hth,
inez