Need sites, detailed explanation of Dual Channel

I have been asked about how dual channel RAM works, and I have found myself
at a loss, realizing that I really don't know what it is, exactly how it
works, especially (also) with the AMD On Chip memory controller.

Could someone explain it to me well, and is there a good website or two
explaining the topic?

TIA!

Have a look here:
http://www.kingston.com/newtech/MKF_520DDRwhitepaper.pdf