Audio problems

My computer says that I have no audio output devices, so I have no audio
controls anymore. However, I do have the hardware, and it works--I am hearing
sounds played on the computer. I don't know why the computer doesn't
recognize the devices, as it continues to use them for audio output. I've had
this computer for a year and a half--same OS, same speakers, same everything.
Anyone know what's going on?
1 answer Last reply
More about audio problems

    Where is it that it is saying you have no output devices? Also, does
    this just nag you or does it actually affect the sounds, sound quality,
    or the usability of the computer in any way? If the computer works
    fine, but just reports things wrong, I would leave it alone as long as
    it continues to work.

    ----
    Nathan McNulty

    Shanu wrote:
    > My computer says that I have no audio output devices, so I have no audio
    > controls anymore. However, I do have the hardware, and it works--I am hearing
    > sounds played on the computer. I don't know why the computer doesn't
    > recognize the devices, as it continues to use them for audio output. I've had
    > this computer for a year and a half--same OS, same speakers, same everything.
    > Anyone know what's going on?

Hardware Audio Computers Windows XP