Power Supply speed?

I just installed an Antec 300W Power supply. The motherboard displayed
a hardware problem due to the reported fan speed. The bios indicated
that the speed was 998rpm. Is this a problem? I don't know what speed a
power supply should be. My motherboard is an Asus P4PE.

I'd appreciate any feedback

thanks

john

thanks. Good to know.
Just in case, I'll keep a cold glass of iced-tea for emergencies :)

john

Just ignore that warning because:

It features SmartPower, with an onboard temperature sensor that regulates
the fan speed so that as the temperature rises, the fans speed (RPM) also
increases.

"coltrane" <tendengarci@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>I just installed an Antec 300W Power supply. The motherboard displayed
> a hardware problem due to the reported fan speed. The bios indicated
> that the speed was 998rpm. Is this a problem? I don't know what speed a
> power supply should be. My motherboard is an Asus P4PE.
>

> I'd appreciate any feedback
>

> thanks
>

> john

LOL - With Jack Daniels mixed in with it !