Format Hard Drive

How Do i format my hard drive? i have everything backed
up that i need. i have tried to format in my computer but
it wont let me do that, so how else can i do it?

any suggestions would be gratefully apriciated

Paul

Splendid

Go into msdos, type c:\format c: q/u
Then re-install windows.
Oh that won't work with windows xp.
Your need to use the windows installion disk for xp, by
deleting a partition and recreating one. Then you will be
asked to format it.
Hope that helps.
Regards
Paul

null

CLYDDALL wrote:

> How Do i format my hard drive? i have everything backed
> up that i need. i have tried to format in my computer but
> it wont let me do that, so how else can i do it?
>
> any suggestions would be gratefully apriciated

Insert your WinXP CD and follow the instructions to reinstall and delete
the existing partition. But first be sure you have your license key at
hand, and that your backed up files are actually accessible/readable
from the medium you backed them up to.

posted here. No warranty, express or implied, is given with the posting
of this message.

SERVO

CLYDDALL wrote:
> How Do i format my hard drive? i have everything backed
> up that i need. i have tried to format in my computer but
> it wont let me do that, so how else can i do it?
>
> any suggestions would be gratefully apriciated
Go into your bios...make your CD-ROM the first boot device....put your
Windows XP CD in your CD drive and reboot.....follow the instructions

--
Servo
"You gonna do something? Or just stand there and bleed?"

Greetings --

Simply boot from the WinXP installation CD. You'll be offered the
installation process. (You may need to re-arrange the order of boot

HOW TO Install Windows XP

Bruce Chambers
--
Help us help you:
http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

having both at once. - RAH

"CLYDDALL" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> How Do i format my hard drive? i have everything backed
> up that i need. i have tried to format in my computer but
> it wont let me do that, so how else can i do it?
>
> any suggestions would be gratefully apriciated

Greetings --

There is no "ms-dos" to go into on a WinXP machine.

Bruce Chambers
--
Help us help you:
http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm