My HP 6MP won't talk to me.

I have a HP 6MP I have been used for years. Recently I changed the
toner cartridge and currently I have it connected to two computers,
one of them with Windows and the other one with Linux. The printer is
not "shared": I jsut change it from one to the other through a manual
switch.

The printer was working fine until some days ago. Now when I turn it
on all the status lights are ok, but when the computer sends a
document to print the document just goes straigh through the printing
queue without the printer acknowledging it at all: it does not print
anything, doesn't send an error message and the lights don't even
blink.

It is happening both in the windows and the linux machines. If I turn
the printer off, unplug it from the computer or place the switch in
the wrong position, the computers say that, of course, there is no
printer around when I tell them to print Something.

Any ideas?

Press lightly the connector at the printer sideway to ensure good
connection. I had the same problem as you described and it turned out that
the connector's inside contacts were loose. Hope this helps.