DVD+RW has become DVD-R and burning software does not reco..

When I first had the computer made, I had a DVD Rom Drive and a DVD+RW Drive.
Later I had a problem where both DVD drives icon disappeared, which I managed
to fix thanks to Nathan McNulty and Snufkin by deleting the LowerFilters in
the registry. After I did this the drives have re-appeared. However, the
DVD+RW Drive is now named as DVD-R and is not recognised by any writing
software! Please could someone help to get it back to a DVD+RW drive

The DVD Rom drive is JLMS XJ-HD166S

The DVD+RW (now DVD-R) drive is Sony DVD RW DW-U10A
2 answers Last reply
More about burning software reco

    Did you also reinstall your DVD burning software?
    www.coribright.com

    "Hemal Lad" <HemalLad@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > When I first had the computer made, I had a DVD Rom Drive and a DVD+RW
    > Drive.
    > Later I had a problem where both DVD drives icon disappeared, which I
    > managed
    > to fix thanks to Nathan McNulty and Snufkin by deleting the LowerFilters
    > in
    > the registry. After I did this the drives have re-appeared. However, the
    > DVD+RW Drive is now named as DVD-R and is not recognised by any writing
    > software! Please could someone help to get it back to a DVD+RW drive
    >
    > The DVD Rom drive is JLMS XJ-HD166S
    >
    > The DVD+RW (now DVD-R) drive is Sony DVD RW DW-U10A

    Have you tried removing the drive from Device Manager and rebooting?
    Also, do you have any disks in the drive when it says DVD-R? Usually it
    only shows this if you have that type of disk in the drive. Perhaps it
    still believes you have a DVD-R in there. Usually when I end up with
    multiple problems like this (usually brought on by my beta testing), I
    simply backup all of my data and do a clean install of Windows (or
    deploy an image in my case) :)

    ----
    Nathan McNulty

    Cari (MS-MVP) wrote:
    > Did you also reinstall your DVD burning software?

DVD Writers DVD Drives Windows XP