DVD+RW has become DVD-R and burning software does not reco..

September 1, 2004 4:11:04 PM

When I first had the computer made, I had a DVD Rom Drive and a DVD+RW Drive.
Later I had a problem where both DVD drives icon disappeared, which I managed
to fix thanks to Nathan McNulty and Snufkin by deleting the LowerFilters in
the registry. After I did this the drives have re-appeared. However, the
DVD+RW Drive is now named as DVD-R and is not recognised by any writing
software! Please could someone help to get it back to a DVD+RW drive

The DVD Rom drive is JLMS XJ-HD166S

The DVD+RW (now DVD-R) drive is Sony DVD RW DW-U10A
Anonymous
September 1, 2004 6:50:41 PM

Did you also reinstall your DVD burning software?
www.coribright.com

"Hemal Lad" <HemalLad@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> When I first had the computer made, I had a DVD Rom Drive and a DVD+RW
> Drive.
> Later I had a problem where both DVD drives icon disappeared, which I
> managed
> to fix thanks to Nathan McNulty and Snufkin by deleting the LowerFilters
> in
> the registry. After I did this the drives have re-appeared. However, the
> DVD+RW Drive is now named as DVD-R and is not recognised by any writing
> software! Please could someone help to get it back to a DVD+RW drive
>
> The DVD Rom drive is JLMS XJ-HD166S
>
> The DVD+RW (now DVD-R) drive is Sony DVD RW DW-U10A
Anonymous
September 2, 2004 3:39:37 PM

Have you tried removing the drive from Device Manager and rebooting?
Also, do you have any disks in the drive when it says DVD-R? Usually it
only shows this if you have that type of disk in the drive. Perhaps it
still believes you have a DVD-R in there. Usually when I end up with
multiple problems like this (usually brought on by my beta testing), I
simply backup all of my data and do a clean install of Windows (or
deploy an image in my case) :)

----
Nathan McNulty

!