Can I change the freqency winxp adjust the Clock Sync in t..

Last response: in Motherboards
a b V Motherboard
June 4, 2005 5:08:29 PM

Can I change the frequency winxp adjust the Clock Sync in the
Registry?
I want to change the frequency winxp adjust the Clock Sync to every 1
hour instead of the default of once a week. Atomic Clock Sync will not
do either because it only Syncs the clock once per day.

My motherboard adds 20 secs to the time for every one hour ( ASUS
-AYN8xi)

Thanks for your help!
Anonymous
a b V Motherboard
June 4, 2005 5:11:51 PM

On Sat, 04 Jun 2005 13:08:29 -0400, "dnc_tn@yahoo.com" <DNC_TN@>
wrote:

>Can I change the frequency winxp adjust the Clock Sync in the
>Registry?
>I want to change the frequency winxp adjust the Clock Sync to every 1
>hour instead of the default of once a week. Atomic Clock Sync will not
>do either because it only Syncs the clock once per day.
>
>My motherboard adds 20 secs to the time for every one hour ( ASUS
>-AYN8xi)
>
>Thanks for your help!

CORRECTION - My motherboard is an Asus A7N8X. Thanks for all your help
everyone.

******************************
http://www.dubyareport.net/
http://www.frozenpsi.net/

303/299/200 since March 13th 2005
Anonymous
a b V Motherboard
June 5, 2005 1:28:17 AM

dnc_tn@yahoo.com wrote:
> On Sat, 04 Jun 2005 13:08:29 -0400, "dnc_tn@yahoo.com" <DNC_TN@>
> wrote:
>
>> Can I change the frequency winxp adjust the Clock Sync in the
>> Registry?
>> I want to change the frequency winxp adjust the Clock Sync to every 1
>> hour instead of the default of once a week. Atomic Clock Sync will
>> not do either because it only Syncs the clock once per day.
>>
>> My motherboard adds 20 secs to the time for every one hour ( ASUS
>> -AYN8xi)
>>
>> Thanks for your help!
>
> CORRECTION - My motherboard is an Asus A7N8X. Thanks for all your help
> everyone.
>
> ******************************
> http://www.dubyareport.net/
> http://www.frozenpsi.net/
>
> 303/299/200 since March 13th 2005

http://www.nforcershq.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=19631&h...

The ASUS nforce 2 mobos have time problems that might have to do with
interrupt storms. Not only clock is affected, performance as well. Try
installing motherboard monitor and see if cpu speed is reported correctly,
be sure to use the "update cpu" feature. If CPU clock is not consistently
correct you have a problem bigger than just getting your rtc to sync to time
server all the time.
June 5, 2005 6:14:59 AM

> Can I change the frequency winxp adjust the Clock Sync in the
> Registry?

Google for "Doug Knox's Internet Time Interval Adjuster". It is a great
applet that will allow you to easily change windows. Take a look around his
site for some really great tools!

Doug

--
Doug's "MF Film Holder" for batch scanning "strips" of 120/220 medium format
film: