Lexar JumpDrive

Phil

Distinguished
Jan 21, 2001

I have 2 computers that are both running XP with Service
Pack 2. I purchased a Lexar USB Secure JumpDrive. On
one computer, it works fine. On the other, something is
blocking it from properly setting up. The message says,
Unable to mount the secure drive. Please restart
application. The drive has a public portion which can be
viewed without a password. That portion works. On one
of the computers, the secure section will not open after
I input the password, although it works fine on the other
one. Other USB devices work fine on both computers. Any
suggestions?

The Lexar software that controls the secure part of the JumpDrive
probably is causing the problem, not Windows. I would check the
settings for these. It is possible that the software has locked it to a
specific ID that is only on one computer and doesn't have that same ID
on the other computer.

----
Nathan McNulty

"Phil" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:<46fe01c49070$ef070c90$a601280a@phx.gbl>...

> I have 2 computers that are both running XP with Service
> Pack 2. I purchased a Lexar USB Secure JumpDrive. On
> one computer, it works fine. On the other, something is
> blocking it from properly setting up. The message says,
> Unable to mount the secure drive. Please restart
> application. The drive has a public portion which can be
> viewed without a password. That portion works. On one
> of the computers, the secure section will not open after
> I input the password, although it works fine on the other
> one. Other USB devices work fine on both computers. Any
> suggestions?

I have the same problem, and have yet to resolve it. I tried lexar's
"online chat" support, which was worthless. Then I left a voicemail
message on their support line after waiting for 20 minutes on hold.
After 4 days with no return call, I called back and just waited on
hold for 20-25 minutes until I got someone. They said they were going
to send me a 3.0 beta of the JDSecure application but I never received
it... I guess I am going to have to call back...