I need to raid hard drives on a computer using windows

alex

windows will not detect my raided hard drives they are both
exactly the same 120gig ibm hard drives. Windows will not
install on them because it cant detect any hard disks.
PLease please help me i need to get this computer up before
school. if you know anything i can do please help me

thanks you so much

dl

Typically when initially installing win there is a msg re installing third
party drivers, and F6 to do so. You then need a *floppy* with the raid
drivers on to install them.
If you miss the F6 prompt the install will fail.
After installation you may need to amend boot order to scsi - depends on yr
mobo bios.

"Alex" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> windows will not detect my raided hard drives they are both
> exactly the same 120gig ibm hard drives. Windows will not
> install on them because it cant detect any hard disks.
> PLease please help me i need to get this computer up before
> school. if you know anything i can do please help me
>

> thanks you so much

Thanks dl but i want to know how i can make a floppy disk
so it will riad my hard drives so windows can detect it

Len

That all depends on what controller you are using... most come with either a
pre-prepared floppy or files on the CD that can be copied to the floppy
disk. Either way it is fairly straight forward. Of course if you do not
have a working computer and need to access you contoller CD you will have to
ask a friend to use his/hers.

Usually they do not make them hard to find on the CD... usually the drivers
are in a folder called "Drivers" and may either be individual files to be
copied to the floppy or one larger "make disk" type program that
automatically writes the drivers to the floppy.

As an alternative option these drivers are usually available from the
manufactorer of the controller being used - and are often newer. Frequently
they will have directions on how to prepare the driver disk for XP
installation!

Good Luck,
Len