processor speed

RB

(MB P4B533)
when I use asus pc probe and I look at the tab information----->DMI
Explorer-----> processor , I see amongst other data such as Type Family
Manufacturer ID ,max speed is 3500MB and current speed 1700MB,
Ibought the system second hand as 1700 system , but I do not understand the
3500MB I think it is the max capable of the MB , or can I set the speed of
the processor at 3500
Who can give me the answer?
Ron

rb wrote:
> (MB P4B533)
> when I use asus pc probe and I look at the tab information----->DMI
> Explorer-----> processor , I see amongst other data such as Type Family
> Manufacturer ID ,max speed is 3500MB and current speed 1700MB,
> Ibought the system second hand as 1700 system , but I do not understand the
> 3500MB I think it is the max capable of the MB , or can I set the speed of
> the processor at 3500
> Who can give me the answer?
> Ron

That is the supposed to be the maximum speed supported by the
motherboard. However, this may not mean much, it is whatever value the
board manufacturer decided to put in the DMI tables, and might not be
accurate.

--
Robert Hancock Saskatoon, SK, Canada

On Sun, 05 Jun 2005 21:35:18 GMT, Robert Hancock
<hancockr@nospamshaw.ca> wrote:

>rb wrote:
>> (MB P4B533)
>> when I use asus pc probe and I look at the tab information----->DMI
>> Explorer-----> processor , I see amongst other data such as Type Family
>> Manufacturer ID ,max speed is 3500MB and current speed 1700MB,
>> Ibought the system second hand as 1700 system , but I do not understand the
>> 3500MB I think it is the max capable of the MB , or can I set the speed of
>> the processor at 3500
>> Who can give me the answer?
>> Ron
>
>That is the supposed to be the maximum speed supported by the
>motherboard. However, this may not mean much, it is whatever value the
>board manufacturer decided to put in the DMI tables, and might not be
>accurate.

And, of course, is only relevant if the processor installed is capable
of that speed.

Please respond to the Newsgroup, so that others may benefit from the exchange.
Peter R. Fletcher