CUSL2-C hard drive capacity?

MuSaShI

Distinguished
Oct 28, 2004

"jay" <not@needed.com> wrote in message
news:xHKoe.1581952$6l.434571@pd7tw2no...
> Got an Asus CUSL2-C motherboard, anyone knows if it supports 160GB hard
> drive?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Jay

No way.
Even a p4p without a bios update wont see over 137GB.
Check asus site and see if they have a bios upgrade that will do that.

jay wrote:
> Got an Asus CUSL2-C motherboard, anyone knows if it supports 160GB
> hard drive?

48bit LBA is supported according to asus.
BIOS version must be over 1012, so you can just flash latest beta bios
1014.001.
After a board has reached end of life, asus just calls new bioses "beta",
nothing tricky about that.

Rick

Distinguished
Oct 14, 2003

"Egil Solberg" <egilso@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:42a49729$0$18647$14726298@news.sunsite.dk...
> jay wrote:
> > Got an Asus CUSL2-C motherboard, anyone knows if it supports 160GB
> > hard drive?
>
> 48bit LBA is supported according to asus.
> BIOS version must be over 1012, so you can just flash latest beta bios
> 1014.001.
> After a board has reached end of life, asus just calls new bioses "beta",
> nothing tricky about that.

I can confirm that, at least on my TUSL2. 48bit LBA was
added in 1012, bios version 1014.001 has no problems.

jay

Thanks, guys that's pretty resourceful. I guess I'll have to update to the
latest bios.

Jay

"Rick" <nospam@earthlink.net> wrote in message
> "Egil Solberg" <egilso@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> jay wrote:
>> > Got an Asus CUSL2-C motherboard, anyone knows if it supports 160GB
>> > hard drive?
>>
>> 48bit LBA is supported according to asus.
>> BIOS version must be over 1012, so you can just flash latest beta bios
>> 1014.001.
>> After a board has reached end of life, asus just calls new bioses "beta",
>> nothing tricky about that.
>
> I can confirm that, at least on my TUSL2. 48bit LBA was
> added in 1012, bios version 1014.001 has no problems.

tomp

Distinguished
May 22, 2004

I guess the CUSL2-C motherboard I have didn't get the memo, as it's happy
with a 200gig Hitachi drive...

--
Tp,

No Lawsuit Ever Fixed A Moron...