A7V400-MX doesnt support XP mobile CPU - help!

Hi there!

Recently I bought A7V400-MX (matx format) motherboard as I have htpc case.

I also bought Athlon XP mobile 2500+ processor that is unlocked, i.e. you
have to set its speed by combination of bus frequency and a multiplier - as
far as I have understood.

Now, with this motherboard there is no way to set multipliers and now my CPU
runs at 1GHz only! Instead of 2GHz or more.

Please help.

Is there any way to make this mother board to recognize my CPU?

What is your recommendation for a new motherboard for my CPU?

Thanks a lot for any suggestion and advice!

With best regards,
Smiljko Rudan
1 answer Last reply
More about a7v400 doesnt support mobile help

    Smiljko Rudan wrote:
    > Hi there!
    >
    > Recently I bought A7V400-MX (matx format) motherboard as I have htpc case.
    >
    > I also bought Athlon XP mobile 2500+ processor that is unlocked, i.e. you
    > have to set its speed by combination of bus frequency and a multiplier - as
    > far as I have understood.
    >
    > Now, with this motherboard there is no way to set multipliers and now my CPU
    > runs at 1GHz only! Instead of 2GHz or more.
    >
    > Please help.
    >
    > Is there any way to make this mother board to recognize my CPU?
    >
    > What is your recommendation for a new motherboard for my CPU?
    >
    > Thanks a lot for any suggestion and advice!
    >
    > With best regards,
    > Smiljko Rudan

    I am using CPUMSR (http://www.cpuheat.wz.cz/html/CPUMSR_main.htm) to
    modify the moltiplier once Win is booted up.

Asus Mobile CPUs Motherboards Windows XP