OXM predicts Halo 2.5 for X2, Spong questions it

Archived from groups: alt.games.halo,microsoft.public.xbox.halo,microsoft.public.xbox,alt.games.video.xbox,uk.games.video.xbox (More info?)

Bland Microsoft marketing department extension magazine OXM in the US has
published a fresh prediction for the future of the Halo series, making some
startlingly familiar claims.

According to the publication Halo 2.5 is underway. But... it's underway for
Xbox 2. And yes, SPOnG is aware that the same magazine published a piece
about the non-existent Halo 1.5 for existing MS gaming hardware not so long
ago.

However, there's a great excuse behind this.

"Halo 2.5? - Okay, so the mole wasn't completely right about the existence
of Halo 1.5, but he wasn't completely wrong either. (Halo PC was essentially
Halo 1.5)"

Quite.

The magazine continues unabashed, "With Halo 2 now here, guess what? A Halo
2.5 is not entirely out of the question as an Xbox 2 launch title, and it
could be done in time for the launch (even if that is only a year from now)
by a small part of the Bungie team. It's no secret that. A) The real third
act and ending of Halo 2 was chopped to make the November 9 release date, B)
the next Xbox could use the clout that the Bungie and Halo names bring to
the table to help launch the new system, C) everyone who buys the next Xbox
would pay another $50 for Halo 2.5, and D) doing "Director's cut" of Halo 2
with new graphics, the true finale, and some new multiplayer stuff would
help the Bungie team get its feet wet on the new hardware while it works on
its first real next-gen project. It's a win-win-win scenario for Microsoft,
for Bungie, and for gamers. Maybe it's even true."

Yes, perhaps it could. For a magazine that takes more than its fair share of
swipes at Internet reportage, SPOnG would argue that OXM US might well think
twice before publishing what can only be described as rehashed thinly veiled
guesswork.

http://spong.com/detail/news.asp?mode=news&type=n&cid=&pid=&vid=&prid=8004&n=OXM+US+predicts+Halo+2.5+for+Xenon

that's pretty rich. Spong.com questioning the speculation of OXM. pretty
funny for a website that publishes its own speculation & rumor. lol

Thoth

Distinguished
May 23, 2004
Archived from groups: alt.games.halo,microsoft.public.xbox.halo,microsoft.public.xbox,alt.games.video.xbox,uk.games.video.xbox (More info?)

"Zackman" <zackman@SPAMISEVILearthling.net> wrote in message
<snip>
> This Halo 2.5 prediction sounds, smells and tastes like horse poo. Mmmmm,
> horse poo.

Man! Good thing we didn't step in it!

theone

Xenon wrote:
> Bland Microsoft marketing department extension magazine OXM in the US has
> published a fresh prediction for the future of the Halo series, making some
> startlingly familiar claims.
>
> According to the publication Halo 2.5 is underway. But... it's underway for
> Xbox 2. And yes, SPOnG is aware that the same magazine published a piece
> about the non-existent Halo 1.5 for existing MS gaming hardware not so long
> ago.
>
> However, there's a great excuse behind this.
>
> "Halo 2.5? - Okay, so the mole wasn't completely right about the existence
> of Halo 1.5, but he wasn't completely wrong either. (Halo PC was essentially
> Halo 1.5)"
>
> Quite.
>
> The magazine continues unabashed, "With Halo 2 now here, guess what? A Halo
> 2.5 is not entirely out of the question as an Xbox 2 launch title, and it
> could be done in time for the launch (even if that is only a year from now)
> by a small part of the Bungie team. It's no secret that. A) The real third
> act and ending of Halo 2 was chopped to make the November 9 release date, B)
> the next Xbox could use the clout that the Bungie and Halo names bring to
> the table to help launch the new system, C) everyone who buys the next Xbox
> would pay another $50 for Halo 2.5, and D) doing "Director's cut" of Halo 2
> with new graphics, the true finale, and some new multiplayer stuff would
> help the Bungie team get its feet wet on the new hardware while it works on
> its first real next-gen project. It's a win-win-win scenario for Microsoft,
> for Bungie, and for gamers. Maybe it's even true."
>
> Yes, perhaps it could. For a magazine that takes more than its fair share of
> swipes at Internet reportage, SPOnG would argue that OXM US might well think
> twice before publishing what can only be described as rehashed thinly veiled
> guesswork.
>
> http://spong.com/detail/news.asp?mode=news&type=n&cid=&pid=&vid=&prid=8004&n=OXM+US+predicts+Halo+2.5+for+Xenon
>
> that's pretty rich. Spong.com questioning the speculation of OXM. pretty
> funny for a website that publishes its own speculation & rumor. lol

2.5 sounds stupid. They should just concentrate on downloadable content
and maps for Halo 2 and release Halo 3 when Xbox 2 debuts.

Archived from groups: alt.games.halo,microsoft.public.xbox.halo,microsoft.public.xbox,alt.games.video.xbox,uk.games.video.xbox (More info?)

"theOne" <theOneOne@dodgeit.com> wrote in message

SNIP

> 2.5 sounds stupid. They should just concentrate on
> downloadable content and maps for Halo 2 and release Halo
> 3 when Xbox 2 debuts.

But the REAL question many of us who DO NOT use Xbox Live
is...will we be able to download this content and then use
it on our Xbox with Halo 2. Not the Xbox part Deux...but the
original version. That's what many would like to know...

Archived from groups: alt.games.halo,microsoft.public.xbox.halo,microsoft.public.xbox,alt.games.video.xbox,uk.games.video.xbox (More info?)

I'd re-buy it if all it had was 720p HDTV support.

--
RnR Lesnar
It's True, It's True- Kurt Angle

"Xenon" <xenonxbox2@xboxnext.com> wrote in message
> Bland Microsoft marketing department extension magazine OXM in the US has
> published a fresh prediction for the future of the Halo series, making
> some
> startlingly familiar claims.
>
> According to the publication Halo 2.5 is underway. But... it's underway
> for
> Xbox 2. And yes, SPOnG is aware that the same magazine published a piece
> about the non-existent Halo 1.5 for existing MS gaming hardware not so
> long
> ago.
>
> However, there's a great excuse behind this.
>
> "Halo 2.5? - Okay, so the mole wasn't completely right about the existence
> of Halo 1.5, but he wasn't completely wrong either. (Halo PC was
> essentially
> Halo 1.5)"
>
> Quite.
>
> The magazine continues unabashed, "With Halo 2 now here, guess what? A
> Halo
> 2.5 is not entirely out of the question as an Xbox 2 launch title, and it
> could be done in time for the launch (even if that is only a year from
> now)
> by a small part of the Bungie team. It's no secret that. A) The real third
> act and ending of Halo 2 was chopped to make the November 9 release date,
> B)
> the next Xbox could use the clout that the Bungie and Halo names bring to
> the table to help launch the new system, C) everyone who buys the next
> Xbox
> would pay another $50 for Halo 2.5, and D) doing "Director's cut" of Halo
> 2
> with new graphics, the true finale, and some new multiplayer stuff would
> help the Bungie team get its feet wet on the new hardware while it works
> on
> its first real next-gen project. It's a win-win-win scenario for
> Microsoft,
> for Bungie, and for gamers. Maybe it's even true."
>
> Yes, perhaps it could. For a magazine that takes more than its fair share
> of
> swipes at Internet reportage, SPOnG would argue that OXM US might well
> think
> twice before publishing what can only be described as rehashed thinly
> veiled
> guesswork.
>
> http://spong.com/detail/news.asp?mode=news&type=n&cid=&pid=&vid=&prid=8004&n=OXM+US+predicts+Halo+2.5+for+Xenon
>
> that's pretty rich. Spong.com questioning the speculation of OXM. pretty
> funny for a website that publishes its own speculation & rumor. lol

Archived from groups: alt.games.halo,microsoft.public.xbox.halo,microsoft.public.xbox,alt.games.video.xbox,uk.games.video.xbox (More info?)

On 12/22/04 9:05 PM, in article
oCqyd.4940$by5.680@newssvr19.news.prodigy.com, "theOne"
<theOneOne@dodgeit.com> wrote:

> Xenon wrote:
>> Bland Microsoft marketing department extension magazine OXM in the US has
>> published a fresh prediction for the future of the Halo series, making some
>> startlingly familiar claims.
>>
>> According to the publication Halo 2.5 is underway. But... it's underway for
>> Xbox 2. And yes, SPOnG is aware that the same magazine published a piece
>> about the non-existent Halo 1.5 for existing MS gaming hardware not so long
>> ago.
>>
>> However, there's a great excuse behind this.
>>
>> "Halo 2.5? - Okay, so the mole wasn't completely right about the existence
>> of Halo 1.5, but he wasn't completely wrong either. (Halo PC was essentially
>> Halo 1.5)"
>>
>> Quite.
>>
>> The magazine continues unabashed, "With Halo 2 now here, guess what? A Halo
>> 2.5 is not entirely out of the question as an Xbox 2 launch title, and it
>> could be done in time for the launch (even if that is only a year from now)
>> by a small part of the Bungie team. It's no secret that. A) The real third
>> act and ending of Halo 2 was chopped to make the November 9 release date, B)
>> the next Xbox could use the clout that the Bungie and Halo names bring to
>> the table to help launch the new system, C) everyone who buys the next Xbox
>> would pay another $50 for Halo 2.5, and D) doing "Director's cut" of Halo 2
>> with new graphics, the true finale, and some new multiplayer stuff would
>> help the Bungie team get its feet wet on the new hardware while it works on
>> its first real next-gen project. It's a win-win-win scenario for Microsoft,
>> for Bungie, and for gamers. Maybe it's even true."
>>
>> Yes, perhaps it could. For a magazine that takes more than its fair share of
>> swipes at Internet reportage, SPOnG would argue that OXM US might well think
>> twice before publishing what can only be described as rehashed thinly veiled
>> guesswork.
>>
>> http://spong.com/detail/news.asp?mode=news&type=n&cid=&pid=&vid=&prid=8004&n=
>> OXM+US+predicts+Halo+2.5+for+Xenon
>>
>> that's pretty rich. Spong.com questioning the speculation of OXM. pretty
>> funny for a website that publishes its own speculation & rumor. lol
>>

> 2.5 sounds stupid. They should just concentrate on downloadable content
> and maps for Halo 2 and release Halo 3 when Xbox 2 debuts.

Well, I would agree with you, but what about their claim that Halo 3 would
not exist- Halo 2 would tie it all together. Remember that? What if Halo 2
has one or more expansions to finish it up, but still keeping it Halo 2?
They could have much more storyline and with downloadable content
potentially infinite more multiplayer goodies, but still never make Halo 3.

Archived from groups: alt.games.halo,microsoft.public.xbox.halo,microsoft.public.xbox,alt.games.video.xbox,uk.games.video.xbox (More info?)

>> 2.5 sounds stupid. They should just concentrate on downloadable content
>> and maps for Halo 2 and release Halo 3 when Xbox 2 debuts.
>
> But the REAL question many of us who DO NOT use Xbox Live is...will we be
> able to download this content and then use it on our Xbox with Halo 2. Not
> the Xbox part Deux...but the original version. That's what many would like
> to know...

No its not. Why in God's name would you NOT use Xbox Live?

The only reason to NOT have it is if you live in an area with no broadband,
in which case, you should move.

--
Stephen Chown

theone

Keith Schiffner wrote:
> "theOne" <theOneOne@dodgeit.com> wrote in message
>
> SNIP
>

>>2.5 sounds stupid. They should just concentrate on
>>downloadable content and maps for Halo 2 and release Halo
>>3 when Xbox 2 debuts.
>

> But the REAL question many of us who DO NOT use Xbox Live
> is...will we be able to download this content and then use
> it on our Xbox with Halo 2. Not the Xbox part Deux...but the
> original version. That's what many would like to know...

you know that wont happen. but you could probably find it if ur running
modded.

Archived from groups: alt.games.halo,microsoft.public.xbox.halo,microsoft.public.xbox,alt.games.video.xbox,uk.games.video.xbox (More info?)

theOne wrote:
<snip>
> 2.5 sounds stupid. They should just concentrate on downloadable
> content and maps for Halo 2 and release Halo 3 when Xbox 2 debuts.

Well, duh, but given the Xbox 2 is due out in less than a year, and it
took them 3 years to build a sequel to the first which wasn't exactly
an improvement over the first (other than adding live support), that's
simply not going to happen.

The premise behind the 2.5 idea is that it would be easier to port a
game to the Xbox 2 and add a level or two than create an entirely new
game and so could possibly be done in a year (or less). Even that is
probably impossible in a year, given their slowness at programming.

theone

Devala Rees wrote:
> On 12/22/04 9:05 PM, in article
> oCqyd.4940$by5.680@newssvr19.news.prodigy.com, "theOne"
> <theOneOne@dodgeit.com> wrote:
>

>>Xenon wrote:
>>
>>>Bland Microsoft marketing department extension magazine OXM in the US has
>>>published a fresh prediction for the future of the Halo series, making some
>>>startlingly familiar claims.
>>>
>>>According to the publication Halo 2.5 is underway. But... it's underway for
>>>Xbox 2. And yes, SPOnG is aware that the same magazine published a piece
>>>about the non-existent Halo 1.5 for existing MS gaming hardware not so long
>>>ago.
>>>
>>>However, there's a great excuse behind this.
>>>
>>>"Halo 2.5? - Okay, so the mole wasn't completely right about the existence
>>>of Halo 1.5, but he wasn't completely wrong either. (Halo PC was essentially
>>>Halo 1.5)"
>>>
>>>Quite.
>>>
>>>The magazine continues unabashed, "With Halo 2 now here, guess what? A Halo
>>>2.5 is not entirely out of the question as an Xbox 2 launch title, and it
>>>could be done in time for the launch (even if that is only a year from now)
>>>by a small part of the Bungie team. It's no secret that. A) The real third
>>>act and ending of Halo 2 was chopped to make the November 9 release date, B)
>>>the next Xbox could use the clout that the Bungie and Halo names bring to
>>>the table to help launch the new system, C) everyone who buys the next Xbox
>>>would pay another $50 for Halo 2.5, and D) doing "Director's cut" of Halo 2
>>>with new graphics, the true finale, and some new multiplayer stuff would
>>>help the Bungie team get its feet wet on the new hardware while it works on
>>>its first real next-gen project. It's a win-win-win scenario for Microsoft,
>>>for Bungie, and for gamers. Maybe it's even true."
>>>
>>>Yes, perhaps it could. For a magazine that takes more than its fair share of
>>>swipes at Internet reportage, SPOnG would argue that OXM US might well think
>>>twice before publishing what can only be described as rehashed thinly veiled
>>>guesswork.
>>>
>>>http://spong.com/detail/news.asp?mode=news&type=n&cid=&pid=&vid=&prid=8004&n=
>>>OXM+US+predicts+Halo+2.5+for+Xenon
>>>
>>>that's pretty rich. Spong.com questioning the speculation of OXM. pretty
>>>funny for a website that publishes its own speculation & rumor. lol
>>>

>>2.5 sounds stupid. They should just concentrate on downloadable content
>>and maps for Halo 2 and release Halo 3 when Xbox 2 debuts.
>

> Well, I would agree with you, but what about their claim that Halo 3 would
> not exist- Halo 2 would tie it all together. Remember that? What if Halo 2
> has one or more expansions to finish it up, but still keeping it Halo 2?
> They could have much more storyline and with downloadable content
> potentially infinite more multiplayer goodies, but still never make Halo 3.

nope..to much money to soak up. theres obviously more storyline. The
only thing ur going to download and the only thing that bungie is
working on is Multiplayer maps. u know that game is going to be the
selling poing for the xbox 2 :)

Archived from groups: alt.games.halo,microsoft.public.xbox.halo,microsoft.public.xbox,alt.games.video.xbox,uk.games.video.xbox (More info?)

> Well, duh, but given the Xbox 2 is due out in less than a year, and it
> took them 3 years to build a sequel to the first which wasn't exactly
> an improvement over the first (other than adding live support)

Understatement, though an accurate statement.

Archived from groups: alt.games.halo,microsoft.public.xbox.halo,microsoft.public.xbox,alt.games.video.xbox,uk.games.video.xbox (More info?)

On Fri, 24 Dec 2004 14:43:15 -0700, "Mattinglyfan"
<Estoscacahuates@comcast.net> wrote:

>> --
>>

>Bloody foreigners. Keep your "generalisations" to yourself (ironic or not).

why should i? its ok for him to generalise live users, but not for me
to generalise americans?

bloody double standards. are you a woman? (hoho, see, more irony.)

at least you managed to keep the spelling correct.
--

gamertag: chrisflynnuk
Live Line-up: RS3, RS3:BA, PGR2, Links04, SC:pT, Toca2, RSC2, MM3,

On 12/24/04 5:55 PM, in article k0bps09fs7o89glijag1ku0b0bmpfrv3n9@4ax.com,
"Chris F" <chris@asif.com> wrote:

> On Fri, 24 Dec 2004 14:43:15 -0700, "Mattinglyfan"
> <Estoscacahuates@comcast.net> wrote:
>

>>> --
>>>

>> Bloody foreigners. Keep your "generalisations" to yourself (ironic or not).
>>
> why should i? its ok for him to generalise live users, but not for me
> to generalise americans?
>
> bloody double standards. are you a woman? (hoho, see, more irony.)
>
> at least you managed to keep the spelling correct.

Actually, he didn't. Generalizations has a Z, not an S.

"Devala Rees" <darkeagle@lisco.com> wrote in message
> On 12/24/04 5:55 PM, in article
> k0bps09fs7o89glijag1ku0b0bmpfrv3n9@4ax.com,
> "Chris F" <chris@asif.com> wrote:

>>> Bloody foreigners. Keep your "generalisations" to yourself (ironic or
>>> not).
>>>
>> why should i? its ok for him to generalise live users, but not for me
>> to generalise americans?
>>
>> bloody double standards. are you a woman? (hoho, see, more irony.)
>>
>> at least you managed to keep the spelling correct.
>
> Actually, he didn't. Generalizations has a Z, not an S.

Well dick, do you see the quotation marks around it? That means that I was
pointing out that is how HE spelled it? Use common sense sometime.

On Sat, 25 Dec 2004 10:24:39 -0600, Devala Rees <darkeagle@lisco.com>
wrote:

>On 12/24/04 5:55 PM, in article k0bps09fs7o89glijag1ku0b0bmpfrv3n9@4ax.com,
>"Chris F" <chris@asif.com> wrote:

>>> Bloody foreigners. Keep your "generalisations" to yourself (ironic or not).
>>>
>> why should i? its ok for him to generalise live users, but not for me
>> to generalise americans?
>>
>> bloody double standards. are you a woman? (hoho, see, more irony.)
>>
>> at least you managed to keep the spelling correct.
>
>Actually, he didn't. Generalizations has a Z, not an S.

only if you're from the land of those who can't spell.
--

"Chris F" <chris@asif.com> wrote in message
> On Sat, 25 Dec 2004 10:24:39 -0600, Devala Rees <darkeagle@lisco.com>
> wrote:
>
>>On 12/24/04 5:55 PM, in article
>>k0bps09fs7o89glijag1ku0b0bmpfrv3n9@4ax.com,
>>"Chris F" <chris@asif.com> wrote:

>>> why should i? its ok for him to generalise live users, but not for me
>>> to generalise americans?
>>>
>>> bloody double standards. are you a woman? (hoho, see, more irony.)
>>>
>>> at least you managed to keep the spelling correct.
>>
>>Actually, he didn't. Generalizations has a Z, not an S.
>
> only if you're from the land of those who can't spell.

Or if you are an idiot who thinks that there is only one place in the world
and that is the only way that other people around the world spell words.
While we may use 'z' here in worlds like "generalizations" and "civilized",
Einstein, that is not the case in the UK or Australia among other places.

> --
>
> gamertag: chrisflynnuk
> Live Line-up: RS3, RS3:BA, PGR2, Links04, SC:pT, Toca2, RSC2, MM3,
> SWAT, MotoGP2, Burnout3, OutRun2(Demo), FSW

Archived from groups: alt.games.halo,microsoft.public.xbox.halo,microsoft.public.xbox,alt.games.video.xbox,uk.games.video.xbox (More info?)

Mattinglyfan <Estoscacahuates@comcast.net> wrote:

> "Chris F" <chris@asif.com> wrote in message
> > On Sat, 25 Dec 2004 10:24:39 -0600, Devala Rees <darkeagle@lisco.com>
> > wrote:
> >
> >>On 12/24/04 5:55 PM, in article
> >>k0bps09fs7o89glijag1ku0b0bmpfrv3n9@4ax.com,

> >>Actually, he didn't. Generalizations has a Z, not an S.
> >
> > only if you're from the land of those who can't spell.
>
> Or if you are an idiot who thinks that there is only one place in the world
> and that is the only way that other people around the world spell words.
> While we may use 'z' here in worlds like "generalizations" and "civilized",
> Einstein, that is not the case in the UK or Australia among other places.
>
> > --
> >
> > gamertag: chrisflynnuk
> > Live Line-up: RS3, RS3:BA, PGR2, Links04, SC:pT, Toca2, RSC2, MM3,
> > SWAT, MotoGP2, Burnout3, OutRun2(Demo), FSW

--
Sir Chewbury Gubbins
Knight of the Wholly Gnarly Widget

Archived from groups: alt.games.halo,microsoft.public.xbox.halo,microsoft.public.xbox,alt.games.video.xbox,uk.games.video.xbox (More info?)

On 12/26/04 4:18 AM, in article
1gpec03.rn0f4a1vo2rasN%chewbury.gubbins@nelefa.org, "Sir Chewbury Gubbins"
<chewbury.gubbins@nelefa.org> wrote:

> Mattinglyfan <Estoscacahuates@comcast.net> wrote:
>
>> "Chris F" <chris@asif.com> wrote in message

>>> only if you're from the land of those who can't spell.
>>
>> Or if you are an idiot who thinks that there is only one place in the world
>> and that is the only way that other people around the world spell words.
>> While we may use 'z' here in worlds like "generalizations" and "civilized",
>> Einstein, that is not the case in the UK or Australia among other places.

Lol, okay, enough flaming. It was a mess-up. I submit.