ASUS K8S-MX, Computer Won’t Power Up!

Ave,

I recently purchased different parts to assemble a new computer.

I have an ASUS K8S-MX motherboard and i got a Socket 754 AMD Athlon 64
2800+ for it, alongwith the recommended Corsair ValueSelect 1 GB
DIMM’s. I got a Rosewill Case with 400W Power Supply for it, and other
peripherals like HDD etcetera.

The problem is, the computer is not powering up.
The Motherboard comes with a Led... when i connect the unit to a power
source, the Led goes on, which tells me the Power Supply is ok. Even
the Lan Led goes on if i plug in my network cable. In fact i even
tried another power supply from another computer, and still the same
results. So the power supply in my case is OK.

I have connected the Power Switch and other switches very
appropriately, from the Case to the MOtherboard.

I noticed the on the Motherboard there is a USB Wake-up device, but to
the best of my knowledge i have it disabled, with Jumpers set to 1, 2
on both jumper switches.

So basically when i hit the Start/Power switch on the case, Nothing
Happens! The system stays still... the Led on the Motherboard stays
on, but computer doesn’t power up.

Anyone got any suggestions?

Thanks,
Mickey

Topic URL: http://www.hardwareforumz.com/ASUS-K8S-MX-Computer-Won-Power-ftopict56882.html
Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse: http://www.hardwareforumz.com/eform.php?p=285945

Paul

Splendid

In article <7_285945_e77d1c2c9d4cd9e0d810b25c70446f94@hardwareforumz.com>,
mickey79 <UseLinkToEmail@HardwareForumz.com> wrote:

> Ave,
>
> I recently purchased different parts to assemble a new computer.
>
> I have an ASUS K8S-MX motherboard and i got a Socket 754 AMD Athlon 64
> 2800+ for it, alongwith the recommended Corsair ValueSelect 1 GB
> DIMM’s. I got a Rosewill Case with 400W Power Supply for it, and other
> peripherals like HDD etcetera.
>
> The problem is, the computer is not powering up.
> The Motherboard comes with a Led... when i connect the unit to a power
> source, the Led goes on, which tells me the Power Supply is ok. Even
> the Lan Led goes on if i plug in my network cable. In fact i even
> tried another power supply from another computer, and still the same
> results. So the power supply in my case is OK.
>
> I have connected the Power Switch and other switches very
> appropriately, from the Case to the MOtherboard.
>
> I noticed the on the Motherboard there is a USB Wake-up device, but to
> the best of my knowledge i have it disabled, with Jumpers set to 1, 2
> on both jumper switches.
>
> So basically when i hit the Start/Power switch on the case, Nothing
> Happens! The system stays still... the Led on the Motherboard stays
> on, but computer doesn’t power up.
>
> Anyone got any suggestions?
>
> Thanks,
> Mickey

Did you notice the 2x2 ATX12V power connector in the upper left
hand corner of the motherboard ? You should be able to see it in
the line art drawing in the user manual. You will need a power
supply which has this 2x2 power connector. If you have an older
ATX power supply, it may not have the required connector.

There are two +12V circuits on the motherboard. The 2x2 ATX12V
connector feeds the processor Vcore circuit exclusively (power
cable has two yellow wires and two black wires). The
12V pin on the ATX power connector, on the other hand, powers
the motherboard fan headers, the RS-232, and any other +12V loads.
If you don't connect the 2x2 power connector, there is no way for
the processor to start the POST process.

Are the fans spinning when you try the power button on the front
of the computer ?

Paul