ACPI Controller not found

I just built a new system with the ASUS A8N SLI Deluxe mobo. I have a
380 True Power 2.0 power supply. When i boot the system the POST
detects all devices correctly except the ACPI Controller. Instead of
vendor numbers, and all that it just says
IRQ
ACPI Controller 9

SYSTEM BOOT FAILURE, INSERT SYSTEM DISK

I dont know what the ACPI Controller is or how to fix this. Any ideas?

Topic URL: http://www.hardwareforumz.com/ASUS-ACPI-Controller-found-ftopict56888.html
Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse: http://www.hardwareforumz.com/eform.php?p=285964

CircuitSix wrote:
> I just built a new system with the ASUS A8N SLI Deluxe mobo. I have a
> 380 True Power 2.0 power supply. When i boot the system the POST
> detects all devices correctly except the ACPI Controller. Instead of
> vendor numbers, and all that it just says
> IRQ
> ACPI Controller 9
>
> SYSTEM BOOT FAILURE, INSERT SYSTEM DISK
>
> I dont know what the ACPI Controller is or how to fix this. Any ideas?

Nothing to fix as far I can see. Now just set up your OS.

CircuitSix wrote:
> I just built a new system with the ASUS A8N SLI Deluxe mobo. I have a
> 380 True Power 2.0 power supply. When i boot the system the POST
> detects all devices correctly except the ACPI Controller. Instead of
> vendor numbers, and all that it just says
> IRQ
> ACPI Controller 9
>
> SYSTEM BOOT FAILURE, INSERT SYSTEM DISK
>
> I dont know what the ACPI Controller is or how to fix this. Any ideas?

The boot failure likely has nothing to do with the ACPI controller, you
just have no bootable disk inserted.

--
Robert Hancock Saskatoon, SK, Canada

"" wrote:
> CircuitSix wrote:
> > I just built a new system with the ASUS A8N SLI Deluxe mobo.
> I have a
> > 380 True Power 2.0 power supply. When i boot the system the
> POST
> > detects all devices correctly except the ACPI Controller.
> Instead of
> > vendor numbers, and all that it just says
> > IRQ
> > ACPI Controller 9
> >
> > SYSTEM BOOT FAILURE, INSERT SYSTEM DISK
> >
> > I dont know what the ACPI Controller is or how to fix this.
> Any ideas?
> >

> The boot failure likely has nothing to do with the ACPI
> controller, you
> just have no bootable disk inserted.
>
> --
> Robert Hancock Saskatoon, SK, Canada
> To email, remove "nospam" from hancockr@nospamshaw.ca
> Home Page: http://www.roberthancock.com/

Im not that much of an idiot.
The problem was the disk wasn’t being detected because i was using a
SATA Optical Drive which asus says is incompatible with the nf4
chipset and my mobo didnt know how to boot off a sata optical drive.

Topic URL: http://www.hardwareforumz.com/ASUS-ACPI-Controller-found-ftopict56888.html
Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse: http://www.hardwareforumz.com/eform.php?p=299416

CircuitSix wrote:

> Im not that much of an idiot.

But Hancock wasn't wrong either. SATA optical drives can be considered
bleeding edge technology prone to incomatibilities and errors that will be
fixed as time goes on.
Why didn't you just try booting off a floppy, as anyone else would have done
receiving that message? I still wonder how you came to think of the
ACPI-controller as the culprit.

> The problem was the disk wasn't being detected because i was using a
> SATA Optical Drive which asus says is incompatible with the nf4
> chipset and my mobo didnt know how to boot off a sata optical drive.

No surprise really. Why pay extra for SATA optical drives when there is no
advantage using them?

TRENDING THREADS