Sign in with
Your question
Closed

Is windows better than Mac???

Last response: in Windows 7
October 30, 2009 2:25:10 AM

Is windows better than Mac?
I preffer windows because of the compatibility and Im a gamer too, so i can't use a Mac, but a friend bought a macbook pro and asks me which way mac is batter than PC, and my face was like this :o  :ouch:  May be mac is little faster with an equivalent hardware than windows, but its only because mac has only one OS for all macs, the leopard, and a PC has to work with windows,
so Im asking, which way a Mac may be better than a PC, and where the PC is greater?

More about : windows mac

October 30, 2009 3:47:04 AM

Its all depending on what you want to do, play more games? Pick windows. No games or do not care about a limited selection pick Mac.

Its a little more complex then that but mostly that is the situation.

I like PC as even when not considering games there is just more software for the PC, unless you run some Linux programs under OSX then there are more open source programs but usually they are hmmm not commercial quality is the nice way to put it lol

Of course with boot camp you can Windows on a Mac but at that point you might as well have bought a Windows PC.

It's all relative my friend.
October 30, 2009 9:51:04 AM

I'd say you got it about right...

Games - buy a windows based PC (even with bootcamp a mac will limit your graphics card options) because for the money you will buy a faster, more upgradeable better gaming machine.

For anything else, the choice is yours - i'd never buy a mac personally just because i know i'm paying for what, beneath the nice exterior, is essentially the same hardware as a cheaper PC.

You can argue forever about which is faster - admittedly for similar specifications macs probably do run the same applications faster than a PC, but I reckon more importantly for the same PRICE, you could buy or build a pc with a higher spec and consequently better performance.
Related resources
a b $ Windows 7
October 30, 2009 12:25:12 PM

+1 there. ^
This is a by far and a large a PC based site, with PC enthusiasts. So nearly every single person here is going to favor a PC. If you went to the Mac forums and asked the same question, every single anwer there is going to favor a Mac.
This is like asking what is better, a Ford or a Chevrolet. You are going to get a lot of opinions, but it boils down mainly to personal preference.
I can say that if you are a gamer though, it is best to stay with a PC. For everything else, who knows. Who cares? What difference does it make? They both do the same thing. It's all simply a personal choice from there.
a c 215 $ Windows 7
January 3, 2010 12:35:24 AM

Closing this thread now so that no one else comes along and decides to start a flame war...
!