wireless card install problem

I got the Linksys WMP54G wireless PCI network card and
after the installing it, XP didn't find it to start the
New Hardware Wizard. I've tried adding a new device
manually and it won't locate it and it isn't contained in
the "choose from list". I've added a PCI graphics card
and a 4 port USB card recently, so I don't think it's a
problem with the PCI slots. Any suggestions??
3 answers Last reply
More about wireless card install problem

    Mark wrote:

    > I got the Linksys WMP54G wireless PCI network card and
    > after the installing it, XP didn't find it to start the
    > New Hardware Wizard. I've tried adding a new device
    > manually and it won't locate it and it isn't contained in
    > the "choose from list". I've added a PCI graphics card
    > and a 4 port USB card recently, so I don't think it's a
    > problem with the PCI slots. Any suggestions??

    Did the wireless card come with a CD for installing drivers?

    posted here. No warranty, express or implied, is given with the posting
    of this message.

    The card came with a CD with drivers but it doesn't seem
    to want to load properly. I thought it might be a bad CD
    so I tried to download drivers directly from Linksys. The
    card then showed up in the "Devices" listing but with the
    caution symbol, it still wouldn't work.

    Registry and
    >data files regularly, and especially before making any
    changes to their
    >PC, as well as performing regular virus and spyware
    scans. I am not
    >liable for problems or mishaps that occur from the reader
    using advice
    >posted here. No warranty, express or implied, is given
    with the posting
    >of this message.
    >
    >.

    Does the 'canot install' message include 'data unknown'? If so, the
    problem is with permissions; see:
    http://www.pcbuyerbeware.co.uk/Tips.htm#probleminst

    On Thu, 2 Sep 2004 10:42:19 -0700,

    >The card came with a CD with drivers but it doesn't seem
    >to want to load properly. I thought it might be a bad CD
    >so I tried to download drivers directly from Linksys. The
    >card then showed up in the "Devices" listing but with the
    >caution symbol, it still wouldn't work.

    Anti-Spam: Change shellyfnospam to shellyf to respond.
    Retired to Cyberspace from Green Valley, AZ.

Wireless Hardware PCI Windows XP