Reinstall W7

Solution
Your recovery partition is probably hidden.
If you had the choice of 32bit/64bit it should be possible to get back to that choice.

See if this tip from Google works for you.
To access the Toshiba recovery partition, power off the laptop. Hold down the 0 (zero) key and turn the laptop on.
Keep holding down the zero key until the TOSHIBA logo appears, where you should start tapping the zero key repeatedly.
Stop if the unit beeps or when the TOSHIBA logo disappears.
The screen should flash ** HDD RECOVERY MODE ** for a split second, then load the Toshiba recovery program right from the hard drive.
I see you're also trying to go from a 64bit version to a 32bit version.
So you won't have access to the 32bit OS install package. Your system is almost certain to have only the same 64bit OS recovery option that came installed on it from the factory.

To get to 32bit Win7 you'd need to get the media for a clean installation.

Thrash

Distinguished
Jan 29, 2011
I just bought this laptop a couple of days ago. Toshiba Satelite.
When I booted it the first time, it asked if I wanted 32 bit or 64 bit. I chose 64 bit, but it turns out my printer wont work with 64 bit. Now I want to start over and pick 32 bit this time, but I did not get any W7 disks from Best Buy. I don't see a recovery partition on my C drive either.
I did create a repair & boot disk and restarted the laptop with it, but I was unable to go back to anything prior to the settings created after my initial boot.

Your recovery partition is probably hidden.
If you had the choice of 32bit/64bit it should be possible to get back to that choice.

See if this tip from Google works for you.
To access the Toshiba recovery partition, power off the laptop. Hold down the 0 (zero) key and turn the laptop on.
Keep holding down the zero key until the TOSHIBA logo appears, where you should start tapping the zero key repeatedly.
Stop if the unit beeps or when the TOSHIBA logo disappears.
The screen should flash ** HDD RECOVERY MODE ** for a split second, then load the Toshiba recovery program right from the hard drive.

Solution

Thrash

Distinguished
Jan 29, 2011
Just found out how to do this. Restart the computer while holding down the "zero" key.
This will return the computer to the "out of the box" state where you can select 32 bit or 64 bit again among other things.
You are starting over again, so everything will be lost.

Thrash

Distinguished
Jan 29, 2011

Thanks for this, it worked... thank you very much.