Windows don't detect my MP3 player (Mass Storage Device)

I have a problem with my Windows XP (home) recognizing my 20GB MP3 iAudio
Player. It should be recognized as Mass Storage Device, but my windows
doesn't react at all when I plug it in. In Device Manager, it says "Error
10:... No driver installed for this device" I was asking to manufacturer
(COWON) and they answer that windows xp does recognize this item
automatically, so that I don't need any special driver for it.
The only thing that worked was when I uninstalled all the USB control
drivers in Device Manager, than I reconnected my MP3 player, and then I let
Device Manager to find a new devices and install them. But I have to proceed
like this again and again every time I'm connecting my MP3 player to my
computer. Windows don't recognize this item automatically.
Is there a way to solve this problem?
I would be very nice from you if you could help me. Thank you,
Ondrej Svec
ps: i have SP1 and all the new patches installed.

Three steps:

1. Remove both the device and your USB Controllers from the Device Manager.

2. Install the latest chipset drivers and reboot.

3. It will install the "new" hardware. Now connect the drive again and
see if it works. Use Disk Management (Right click on My Computer, click
Manage, click Disk Managemetn) to configure it if necessary.

----
Nathan McNulty