Chrisx

Distinguished
Sep 2, 2004

Come on Microsoft! Lots of users are having problems with
DVD and CD drives in XP. My laptop's combo drive suddenly
refused to read data or audio CDs but is happy with DVDs.
I have looked at similar postings and most share the
symptoms. Can't you get one of your geeks to sort this
out? Your XP stuff is mostly great - except for this
seemingly common flaw.

Different lasers are used for the DVD side as opposed to the CD side. Try a
CD cleaning kit.
www.coribright.com