Device in Bluetooth Devices keeps disappearing

martin

I have an Iogear GBU301 USB dongle that I'm trying to get working on
an XP home system with SP2. When I click on the blue "Bluetooth
devices" icon in the taskbar, then click "Add", it will successfully
find my Belkin bluetooth GPS device and it then appears in the
"Devices" tab. However, when I close the "Bluetooth Devices" box and

When I first plugged the dongle in, it seems to have recognized it
fine and installed some built-in XP drivers for it. I then unplugged
it and installed the Iogear bluetooth drivers from the CD. I think
this might have screwed something up, because I ended up with two
slightly different looking bluetooth icons in the taskbar and neither
of them worked. So I uninstalled the Iogear stuff and this is where
I'm at.

Can anyone suggest something to try to get this working
Thanks in advance,
Martin

Rob

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

Martin <martinunderscoretvl@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:<nrrfj05dmatd7v680alqd8hu1gpkk0r500@4ax.com>...
> I have an Iogear GBU301 USB dongle that I'm trying to get working on
> an XP home system with SP2. When I click on the blue "Bluetooth
> devices" icon in the taskbar, then click "Add", it will successfully
> find my Belkin bluetooth GPS device and it then appears in the
> "Devices" tab. However, when I close the "Bluetooth Devices" box and
>
> When I first plugged the dongle in, it seems to have recognized it
> fine and installed some built-in XP drivers for it. I then unplugged
> it and installed the Iogear bluetooth drivers from the CD. I think
> this might have screwed something up, because I ended up with two
> slightly different looking bluetooth icons in the taskbar and neither
> of them worked. So I uninstalled the Iogear stuff and this is where
> I'm at.
>
> Can anyone suggest something to try to get this working
> Thanks in advance,
> Martin

Martin, I have the same unit and did exactly what you did. Then in
reading the instructions note that they make a big deal about not
plugging the unit in until after the IOGear drivers are installed.

What I am going to do, and suggest you do the same is to uninstall the
whole thing (IOGear and Windows drivers) and then reinstall following
the instructions on paper (not onscreen).

Robert