MS intellimouse 4.0

I have the Intellimouse 4.0(corded) I bout this from
Buy.com. I have had this less than a year and it is not
working right. When I double-click on an item or single-
click on a link it doesn't always register and I
sometimes have to repeat the click. I hooked my old 3.0
version back up and the problem vanishes. The clicks take
everytime. I am running the lates software and SP2. The
4.0 mouse still "misses" clicks. Who do I contact?
5 answers Last reply
More about intellimouse

    This is a major complaint among those that I know that have used Microsoft
    mice. I will only use Logitech mice...they are constructed much better than
    any other brand of mouse I have tried. I have a Logitech Marble Mouse that
    I have had for years and it still works as well as it did the day I bought
    it. Microsoft uses cheap contact switches on their mice that wear out
    quickly compared to other mice. Do yourself a favor and get rid of the
    inferior MS product and buy a Logitech. You won't regret it.

    Bobby

    "James Southard" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >I have the Intellimouse 4.0(corded) I bout this from
    > Buy.com. I have had this less than a year and it is not
    > working right. When I double-click on an item or single-
    > click on a link it doesn't always register and I
    > sometimes have to repeat the click. I hooked my old 3.0
    > version back up and the problem vanishes. The clicks take
    > everytime. I am running the lates software and SP2. The
    > 4.0 mouse still "misses" clicks. Who do I contact?

    Give MS Parts and Replacement a call at 1-800-360-7561
    Have your mouse and your proof of purchase on hand when you call and they
    should be able to help you out.

    --
    Jason Tsang - Microsoft MVP

    Find out about the MS MVP Program -

    "James Southard" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >I have the Intellimouse 4.0(corded) I bout this from
    > Buy.com. I have had this less than a year and it is not
    > working right. When I double-click on an item or single-
    > click on a link it doesn't always register and I
    > sometimes have to repeat the click. I hooked my old 3.0
    > version back up and the problem vanishes. The clicks take
    > everytime. I am running the lates software and SP2. The
    > 4.0 mouse still "misses" clicks. Who do I contact?

    As has been suggested, get a Logitech.. the keyboards are good too..

    "James Southard" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >I have the Intellimouse 4.0(corded) I bout this from
    > Buy.com. I have had this less than a year and it is not
    > working right. When I double-click on an item or single-
    > click on a link it doesn't always register and I
    > sometimes have to repeat the click. I hooked my old 3.0
    > version back up and the problem vanishes. The clicks take
    > everytime. I am running the lates software and SP2. The
    > 4.0 mouse still "misses" clicks. Who do I contact?

    I don't care about Logitech. I just want to get this
    mouse replaced. I called MS and they told me that my
    mouse was an OEM and that they can't help me. What do I
    do now.

    MS Hardware Replacement does not care if it is OEM or not. It is their
    product and they have always been very good to me in the past. I would
    keep calling until you get someone helpful, then get that person's
    name/extension if possible. This way if you have to contact them ever
    again for anything, you have some repore built up and someone you trust ;)

    ----
    Nathan McNulty

    James S. wrote:
    > I don't care about Logitech. I just want to get this
    > mouse replaced. I called MS and they told me that my
    > mouse was an OEM and that they can't help me. What do I
    > do now.

Microsoft Windows XP