MS intellimouse 4.0

September 3, 2004 1:34:36 AM

I have the Intellimouse 4.0(corded) I bout this from
Buy.com. I have had this less than a year and it is not
working right. When I double-click on an item or single-
click on a link it doesn't always register and I
sometimes have to repeat the click. I hooked my old 3.0
version back up and the problem vanishes. The clicks take
everytime. I am running the lates software and SP2. The
4.0 mouse still "misses" clicks. Who do I contact?

More about : intellimouse

Anonymous
September 3, 2004 1:34:37 AM

This is a major complaint among those that I know that have used Microsoft
mice. I will only use Logitech mice...they are constructed much better than
any other brand of mouse I have tried. I have a Logitech Marble Mouse that
I have had for years and it still works as well as it did the day I bought
it. Microsoft uses cheap contact switches on their mice that wear out
quickly compared to other mice. Do yourself a favor and get rid of the
inferior MS product and buy a Logitech. You won't regret it.

Bobby

"James Southard" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have the Intellimouse 4.0(corded) I bout this from
> Buy.com. I have had this less than a year and it is not
> working right. When I double-click on an item or single-
> click on a link it doesn't always register and I
> sometimes have to repeat the click. I hooked my old 3.0
> version back up and the problem vanishes. The clicks take
> everytime. I am running the lates software and SP2. The
> 4.0 mouse still "misses" clicks. Who do I contact?
Anonymous
September 3, 2004 5:48:31 AM

Give MS Parts and Replacement a call at 1-800-360-7561
Have your mouse and your proof of purchase on hand when you call and they
should be able to help you out.

--
Jason Tsang - Microsoft MVP

Find out about the MS MVP Program -

"James Southard" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have the Intellimouse 4.0(corded) I bout this from
> Buy.com. I have had this less than a year and it is not
> working right. When I double-click on an item or single-
> click on a link it doesn't always register and I
> sometimes have to repeat the click. I hooked my old 3.0
> version back up and the problem vanishes. The clicks take
> everytime. I am running the lates software and SP2. The
> 4.0 mouse still "misses" clicks. Who do I contact?
September 3, 2004 9:54:49 AM

As has been suggested, get a Logitech.. the keyboards are good too..

"James Southard" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have the Intellimouse 4.0(corded) I bout this from
> Buy.com. I have had this less than a year and it is not
> working right. When I double-click on an item or single-
> click on a link it doesn't always register and I
> sometimes have to repeat the click. I hooked my old 3.0
> version back up and the problem vanishes. The clicks take
> everytime. I am running the lates software and SP2. The
> 4.0 mouse still "misses" clicks. Who do I contact?
Anonymous
September 9, 2004 6:01:19 AM

I don't care about Logitech. I just want to get this
mouse replaced. I called MS and they told me that my
mouse was an OEM and that they can't help me. What do I
do now.

Anonymous
September 9, 2004 5:16:26 PM

MS Hardware Replacement does not care if it is OEM or not. It is their
product and they have always been very good to me in the past. I would
keep calling until you get someone helpful, then get that person's
name/extension if possible. This way if you have to contact them ever
again for anything, you have some repore built up and someone you trust ;)

----
Nathan McNulty

!